SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#498140 - 06/05/20 03:03 AM RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I can't believe we are still at this point in 2020. It is tragic and inexcusable. It makes me uncomfortable being white when I know this will most probably never happen to me. It shouldn't happen to anyone.

#498141 - 06/05/20 03:22 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
+1

😒

#498143 - 06/05/20 05:10 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Nigel
I can't believe we are still at this point in 2020. It is tragic and inexcusable. It makes me uncomfortable being white when I know this will most probably never happen to me. It shouldn't happen to anyone.

You don't need to feel uncomfortable for being a decent, empathetic, and AWARE human being. It's the attitude of those that REFUSE to acknowledge or accept that 'taking a knee' has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with patriotism, the flag, or the military, that worry me the most. Sadly, so many of our so-called older friends believe that because they WANT to believe it. That way, they don't have to acknowledge or confront the TRUE reason for this peaceful form of protest. Gotta' give Trump credit for one thing though, he knows how to 'read the crowd' and exploit their basic prejudices for (his) political gain.

chas (10yr Vet + 3 in Air Guard)

Edited by cgiles (06/05/20 08:38 AM)

#498160 - 06/05/20 11:40 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Absolutely sad! Not all that proud of our country at the moment.

I am the guardian of two challenged African American children and their mom. Was guardian of Grandpa and Grandma. They are treated with much less compassion and love than they deserve.

To their credit, some justifiably concerned African Americans politely check my association with the two black youngsters when we are out together.

What's not ok is the number of calls I get from the pastor and church members who ask for personal favors, money, cars, etc. If I don't respond favorably (remember, these are parishioners of George's church who did NOTHING for them)I'm accused of cleaning out Georges bank account (he was broke), called a cracker and a bigot for not coming up with what they wanted.

When I had to leave the grandma's funeral to remove the grandson with severe mental challenges (mom was kicked out of the dad's service due to disruptions) so that the daughter could be at the service, I was accused of thinking I was too good to be there.

What all this means is, you have to be careful to stereotype all members of any race or culture.

Individual recognition is getting increasingly hard in this "cookie cutter" world.

We need to judge people for who they are, and treat every living person as one of value.

Best personal regards to EVERYONE.

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (06/07/20 10:02 AM)

#498162 - 06/05/20 12:40 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: cgiles]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By cgiles
......Gotta' give Trump credit for one thing though, he knows how to 'read the crowd' and exploit their basic prejudices for (his) political gain.

By watch and read whats going on 'over the pond' via different media, I'm really confused about that so much people in America don't seem to realize what a extremely self-centered and disrespectful clown they has choosed as the 'leader' of the country. 😱
Just by watch his daily press conferences that's been broadcasted worldwide, and to read his countless Twitter-messages should be more than enough to make the alarm bells chime for most people. πŸ””
'MR. Make Myself Bigger' might be some sort of an comedian in a reality show at TV or at the golf course, but heck, he is the President for one of (that once was?) the worlds greatest and powerful nations! πŸ™„
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#498187 - 06/05/20 03:51 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Our very good friend and neighbor speaks at a rally in Ventura honoring George Floyd yesterday.

#498191 - 06/05/20 07:15 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
Nigel Offline
Admin

#498238 - 06/07/20 10:06 AM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
A new favorite of mine, Candace Springs, has an excellent version of Strange Fruit.

Admiration goes to your neighbor, Nigel.

Russ

#498281 - 06/07/20 10:55 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By captain Russ
A new favorite of mine, Candace Springs, has an excellent version of Strange Fruit.

Admiration goes to your neighbor, Nigel.

Russ

She actually spoke a lot more referencing George but the video got cut off early.

#498282 - 06/07/20 11:15 PM Re: RIP George Floyd ... I can't breathe [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By cgiles

It's the attitude of those that REFUSE to acknowledge or accept that 'taking a knee' has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with patriotism, the flag, or the military, that worry me the most.
chas (10yr Vet + 3 in Air Guard)

Colin Kaepernick said in August 2016, when the press first noticed his refusal to stand for the national anthem. β€œTo me, this is bigger than football, and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder"

The NFL really needs to apologize to Colin for the hell they have given him. We need to have him back playing again and telling us the truth.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online