SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#497759 - 05/27/20 12:31 PM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: saxxman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well, THANK YOU ALL first for taking the time to listen, and then for the very kind responses ... I think that whenever someone posts some music here on SZ there is some apprehension as to how it will be received, after all the 'acceptance gene' is part of the musicians DNA, is it not ? wink
But although we all have own particular musical taste, I was fairly confident in this one if only because of Randy's beautiful accompaniment ...

Salsaman, thank you for those beautiful words ... the song itself is GREAT, but to think that our performance gave you those feelings almost brought a tear to these old eyes of mine ...
Thank you all, again ...

#497762 - 05/27/20 01:00 PM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Nice collaboration. Loved it guys!

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#497779 - 05/28/20 08:29 AM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: lahawk]
tony mads usa Offline

Larry, thank you. ... it was great being able to collaborate with Randy ...

#497780 - 05/28/20 08:50 AM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Larry - It was a pleasure to contribute to Tony's performance. Thanks for the listen and your kind words! Thank you too "Brother Tony" for the honor!!!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#497783 - 05/28/20 09:40 AM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: saxxman]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Michael Franks can do no wrong. Neither can you guys. Classy choice, well played. Great sax tone.

Russ

#497792 - 05/28/20 03:24 PM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Wow, you even got a compliment from the captain!

But seriously, that was really nice. I’m not only impressed with the musicianship but also that you both have the technological skills to pull this sort of recording off. Anyways, hope to hear more from you two.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#497796 - 05/28/20 04:01 PM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Made my day a lot better. I only wish I had that musicianship at the ends of my fingers as well.

Great job, guys,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#497812 - 05/28/20 07:02 PM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Russ, Paul and Gary - on behalf of Tony and myself, thanks so very much for the listens and your kindness! Yes, it was definitely fun to collaborate - been a long while since I did any long-distance participation and it was great having Tony's wonderful recording to work with.

One of the reasons I always loved (still do) listening to Michael Franks' work was the wonderful sidemen he employed on his projects. Loved hearing the creativity he and they displayed. A unique artist with a plethora of unique and interesting recordings for sure.

Thanks again Tony and to all who listened and commented on our project - looking forward to doing this again very soon!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#497818 - 05/28/20 08:55 PM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
Wow, you even got a compliment from the captain!

IMAGINE THAT !!! wink

Seriously, thank you Russ, Paul, and Gary ...

It was fun putting the background track together, even though it was basically just the style and some multi pads to add some percussion effects - such as the 'rain stick' ...

For this project, since I was only using the KB, I wanted to make sure the mix was as right as I could get it ... I had one recording which I sent to Randy, and he sent it back with a 'sample' of his work ... listening to that we felt the 'band' needed to be a little more up front, so I did another recording ...
Randy then made an edit of the track, dropping 2 measures in two spots that weren't necessary, and proceeded to record his track, so it really was a collaborative effort ... And the more 'technical' part of the project was on Randy's end ... Thanks again Randy ...

And a big thanks again to all who listened and commented - even privately - ... and if anyone has any suggestions as to how it might have been improved (other than replace the vocalist) I would appreciate hearing them ...

Can't wait to do another ...

#497820 - 05/28/20 11:46 PM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I’m a little late getting here, but I am glad I got to listen. My kind of music, you both did a very pro job.
I hope you have more songs to share.
John C.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online