SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#4972 - 03/18/03 01:53 PM Who makes best GM bank for gigastudeo?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Subject pretty much asks what I need to know.
I know about the Nemesys 500 mgb; wondering if anyone is making a bigger or better one.

#4973 - 03/20/03 10:53 AM Re: Who makes best GM bank for gigastudeo?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I posted this over at Harmonycentral. Not a lot of response over there. One guy said he didn't know of anything. He suggested I would have to create my own out of gigapiano, Garritan strings, Dan Dean stuff, etc.

I don't know how many people would be interested in such a thing, but I think it would be really cool if those people could get together and create an awesome GM bank of say 5 CDs. One piano and electric pianos, 1 bass and guitars, one horns/brass winds, one strings, and one synthes/pads/whatever else. Surely one could fit a GM drumkit onto one of those CDs.

I'm just brainstorming here, but it seems that any Gigastudeo user would buy this so as to have a decent sample of all these sounds, and could still buy all the huge individual items if they are that serious and/or proficient.

#4974 - 03/20/03 04:30 PM Re: Who makes best GM bank for gigastudeo?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Perhaps this piece of hardware from Edirol would help http://edirol.com/products/sound.html .

It seems that Edirol gives you a good sound card for you computer , combined with a great GM module !

Just a thought . Dano

keyboardcity@yahoo.com

#4975 - 03/20/03 05:11 PM Re: Who makes best GM bank for gigastudeo?
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Go to the Gigga site and they have 2 different GM sets to look at. To my knowledge no one else make them but there are dealers that do discount the GM set.

Jerry

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online