SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#497419 - 05/20/20 12:33 PM Re: Spend this years keyboard money [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Tonight, I'm grilling some Johsonville Grillers, which are made from pork, instead of beef - the best tasting burgers that I've ever tasted in my entire life. I selected the bacon and cheddar flavor, but there are other flavors that are very, very good as well.

On Friday, I'll be cooking some Wagu Kobe Beef fillet mignon, but not on the grill. For this particular cut of beef, it is best done in an iron skillet. First, I'll render the fat from 3 strips of bacon, which will be later used on a baked potato along with butter, sour cream and chives. The steaks will then be seared on all sides over high heat, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder, then the skilled will be placed in a 350-degree oven for about 12 minutes, until the internal temperature of the steaks reaches about 130-degrees. The pan is then removed from the oven, placed on top the stove and a lid is put in place while the stead rests for about 5 to 10 minutes, during which time the internal temperature will rise about 5 more degrees. The steaks will then be medium, pink in the middle, and the flavor is absolutely incredible.

Captain Russ got me addicted to Wagu Kobe beef, which I purchase once or twice a month from Snake River Farms in Idaho. It is shipped frozen, in an insulated bag and insulated box with dry ice. Though the price may seem a bit high, in reality, you would spend the same amount or more in most restaurants for fillet mignon, but the quality and flavor of Wagu Kobe beef is far superior to any steak I've ever had in the best restaurants.

Now you know how I pissed away my keyboard money! smile

Gary cool

Wagu is indeed spectacular.. so far only had it in restaurant, but i will take your advise and try it on the grill..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#497421 - 05/20/20 01:34 PM Re: Spend this years keyboard money [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I really hope this doesn't start a grill-war, but I find that the "Charcoal is best" discussion somewhat mirrors the "Vinyl" is best among the Hipsters. I've grilled on all types, and found that the cut of meat, the seasoning, and the skill of the griller are the key ingredients to taste. That's just me. Missing my grill in this apartment.

#497423 - 05/20/20 02:07 PM Re: Spend this years keyboard money [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
I really hope this doesn't start a grill-war, but I find that the "Charcoal is best" discussion somewhat mirrors the "Vinyl" is best among the Hipsters. I've grilled on all types, and found that the cut of meat, the seasoning, and the skill of the griller are the key ingredients to taste. That's just me. Missing my grill in this apartment.

first off real BBQ takes many many hours....
grilling doesn't...just sayin

#497424 - 05/20/20 02:14 PM Re: Spend this years keyboard money [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Not taking that bait - just saying, you're gonna get as many pro as against in that discussion. It's a never ending debate with no compatible outcome.

#497427 - 05/20/20 02:37 PM Re: Spend this years keyboard money [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Not taking that bait - just saying, you're gonna get as many pro as against in that discussion. It's a never ending debate with no compatible outcome.

Exactly Dave...Sauce vs Gravy

Edited by Dnj (05/20/20 02:37 PM)

#497428 - 05/20/20 02:58 PM Re: Spend this years keyboard money [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, real BBQ is smoked - not grilled! It takes about 5 days in the brine solution, then 6 hours in the smoker with hickory or a mix of hardwood chips. I used an electric smoker for ribs, which was a bit faster by a couple hours. The sauce was used as baste, then when the pork was pulled, it was added to the meat before making the sandwiches. Damned, I miss that smoker. I gave it to my next door neighbor and he loves it.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#497429 - 05/20/20 03:03 PM Re: Spend this years keyboard money [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Gary... Exactly
That's what I said
many hours indirect..

#497433 - 05/20/20 04:04 PM Re: Spend this years keyboard money [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
... Damned, I miss that smoker. I gave it to my next door neighbor and he loves it.
Gary cool

The least he could do is make you a pulled pork! wink

#497438 - 05/20/20 04:37 PM Re: Spend this years keyboard money [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

lol

#497443 - 05/20/20 05:46 PM Re: Spend this years keyboard money [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Believe me Gary makes a mean filet mignon on the grill I know I've been to the Diamond compound and it was delicious
Gary is a master on the BBQ.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online