SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#49736 - 06/20/05 06:31 AM Recording Problem
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I could use a little help.

Sometime ago (over a year) I recorded a few songs using a custom organ style on the 7000. Nothing fancy, but it was intended that way. I saved these recordings to an SD Card for a friend of mine.

The 3 songs start out correctly, but at a point in the song, it switches to a completly different style. Nothing close to how it was originally recorded.

He said he never noticed these 3 songs acting this way before, and claims that they always played as recorded. However, lately, they just started switching styles ..weird uh?

I suspect it has to do with the panel memory setup. The custom style was loaded from an SD card, that included panel memories for each registration. I had the option of loading all the panel memory bank styles at once, or load one panel memory bank style at a time. In other words, I could load an organ waltz only, or load the complete bank, which included many organ bank styles. I can't remember how I loaded the bank styles for these 3 messed up songs.

Ok, my questions....

1. Why do these 3 songs suddenly switch to a completly different style?

2. Could my friend be correct..Did they indeed play correctly at one time, and then suddenly become "messed up"?

3. Is there anyway to correct these songs to there original recording?

4. Would anyone be willing to recieve and further evaluate these songs? I will be glad to email then to you.

Thank you,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#49737 - 06/20/05 07:15 AM Re: Recording Problem
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
send them to me Larry - I'll have a 'play' with them

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#49738 - 06/20/05 02:12 PM Re: Recording Problem
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Recently, it was my turn to take my KN7 to our Keyboard Club where one of the members was to play to us using his own SD card loaded into my KN7 and 'panicked' when his settings didn't play as he had recorded them.
Naturally, he was greatly concerned as it represented hours of 'tweaking' his own KN7.

My first action was to go to 'Customize', 'Data Protection', 'Foot Controller' to switch it OFF. I always work with the Foot Controller 'ON' so that anyone else using my keyboard does not disturb my own foot control settings.

I then pressed and held the 'SET' button which took me to the PANEL MEMORY MODE, made sure it was in the 'EXPAND' mode and then went to page 2 (Expand Mode Filter) where I knew some of the categories were switched 'off' and switched them all 'ON' again.

We then 'Initialised' the KN7 and re-loaded his SD Card and I'm happy to say the problem was solved.

I'm not saying this will cure your problems, but it could be worth trying this.

Good luck!

Aud (U.K.)

#49739 - 06/20/05 02:26 PM Re: Recording Problem
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thanks Bill,
I'll send them out.

Thanks Audrey,
I'll give your tips a try.

regards,
Larry

Hawk Music