SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#496999 - 05/14/20 05:56 AM My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7
Dnj Offline

Hi All....
I've had my Ketron SD7 a week now (3rd) & the other day I sat down and was auditioning some styles and was inspired by this lovely Cha Cha 1 style. The song "Come A Little Bit Closer" by Jay & the Americans came to mind right away so I decided to try out the onboard audio recorder playing it best I could in one shot just to get used to how it would sound no vocals for this only in my head as I played. Now being John Smies who lives in Amsterdam Europe a great musician in his own rite also has an Ketron SD7 also and we have been long distance friends for many years I sent him the Mp3 track so he could take a listen. I also had mentioned that it might be fun to collaborate and take a shot at singing the lead vocal on top of the track as a long distance experiment and see what turned up. Now remember that John's first language is Dutch and he speaks very good English to pull it off in a different language which always impresses me. Any he listened and did his best long distance sending me back some vocal tracks to add to the Mp3 backing I sent to him. We put it all together just basically and this is the result. It wasn't perfect , but it was certainly a fun project done 3000 miles away from each other (now that is what I call "Social Distancing" ! eek .
Hope you enjoy it we surly did.

Stay safe everyone.

https://app.box.com/s/9lbv0ut8lvqr7kg606xphagvxk4ebd4i

headphone

Edited by Dnj (05/14/20 06:52 AM)

#497009 - 05/14/20 07:53 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Very well done, my friends ... clap
Vocals really good and the SD7 sounds great ...
I know you said this was basic, Donny, are you going to add a harmony track on the chorus?

Edited by tony mads usa (05/14/20 07:53 AM)
Edit Reason: typo

#497011 - 05/14/20 08:12 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Very well done, my friends ... clap
Vocals really good and the SD7 sounds great ...
I know you said this was basic, Donny, are you going to add a harmony track on the chorus?

Tony thank you for listening....
Like I said it was a experiment in project distancing.
Although you can go crazy adding more tracks,
vocal harmonies, etc, etc,
No further treatment will be done at this time.
I just wanted to show what can be done with some creativeness
and technology. I really enjoyed doing it,
...fun fun fun. cool2

#497017 - 05/14/20 09:48 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Dnj]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

thank you Tony and thank you Donny for sending it to me in the first place. AS I have explained to Donny in an email it took me right out of the blue and being incapacitated at present to make music I thought I would give it a miss.But then the challenge got the better of me and I simply looked up the lyrics and sang the song..Incidentally finding that the vocal range within this song is actually a bit too much for me,but there it is. Neither Donny nor me gave it much thought or time but I guess it is a nice example of trans-atlantic co-operation and I sure do hope others will follow suit as well as that I hope I can do more and better stuff with Donny and who knows who...

regards,
John

P.S. Donny may be forgiven to locate me in Amsterdam, but I happen to live in a small village called Koudekerke which is in the very southwest of Holland near a city called Middelburg.....for those of you who wanna check it out......

#497034 - 05/14/20 10:58 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By john smies

thank you Tony and thank you Donny for sending it to me in the first place. AS I have explained to Donny in an email it took me right out of the blue and being incapacitated at present to make music I thought I would give it a miss.But then the challenge got the better of me and I simply looked up the lyrics and sang the song..Incidentally finding that the vocal range within this song is actually a bit too much for me,but there it is. Neither Donny nor me gave it much thought or time but I guess it is a nice example of trans-atlantic co-operation and I sure do hope others will follow suit as well as that I hope I can do more and better stuff with Donny and who knows who...

regards,
John

P.S. Donny may be forgiven to locate me in Amsterdam, but I happen to live in a small village called Koudekerke which is in the very southwest of Holland near a city called Middelburg.....for those of you who wanna check it out......

John it was certainly my pleasure working with you on this project. let's do it again sometime. keys

#497046 - 05/14/20 11:21 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
The fact that the two of you didn't discuss the key of the song beforehand makes it even more amazing ...

#497048 - 05/14/20 11:24 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
The fact that the two of you didn't discuss the key of the song beforehand makes it even more amazing ...

Pretty much I recorded it in my vocal key...
it would have been an easy transpose in Mixcraft 9pro
fun none the less.

#497081 - 05/14/20 04:09 PM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Donny and John,

Very well done that's been another one of my all time favorites from yesteryear!

#497112 - 05/15/20 06:25 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Donny and John,

Very well done that's been another one of my all time favorites from yesteryear!

Steve Thank you for the listen ....
It was certainly an interesting and fun project to do together. cool2

#497116 - 05/15/20 07:01 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Great job you two! Encore! Sounds terrific!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#497117 - 05/15/20 07:05 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman
Great job you two! Encore! Sounds terrific!

Thanx Randy It sure was fun mixing it all together..
maybe we can do one down the road..music ..vocals, sax, etc..

stay safe

dp

#497119 - 05/15/20 07:34 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Good job guys..

My old band members , Stu and JoAnn sang back up vocals for Jay (Black) years ago.

Your next project for this should be harmony.

#497121 - 05/15/20 07:43 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Good job guys..

My old band members , Stu and JoAnn sang back up vocals for Jay (Black) years ago.

Your next project for this should be harmony.

Thanx Fran....it was a fun project. But it is finished now.
It was just a long distance test experiment.
The Cha Cha style was used more for the dancing aspect
vs the original version.

#497131 - 05/15/20 08:58 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I think that pattern was perfect for the song, AND for dancing.

#497137 - 05/15/20 10:08 AM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
I think that pattern was perfect for the song, AND for dancing.

Thanx Dave .. 1,2, Cha Cha Cha baby! wink

#497153 - 05/15/20 12:18 PM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Fantastic rendition, Donny and Johnny!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#497154 - 05/15/20 12:25 PM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
Fantastic rendition, Donny and Johnny!

Paul, Gracias amigo....appreciate that!!
Maybe we too can do a song sometime,..would be fun.

stay safe

#497155 - 05/15/20 12:37 PM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Dnj]
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Wow, very nice Donny&John, remember this style well, love it, thanks for posting

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

#497156 - 05/15/20 12:59 PM Re: My Amsterdam New Jersey Collaboration SD7 [Re: Shade of pale]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Shade of pale
Wow, very nice Donny&John, remember this style well, love it, thanks for posting

Thank you so much.. an International project always a good time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online