SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#497100 - 05/15/20 01:40 AM Re: 96.3% False COVID information on deaths in Italy [Re: Nigel]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Hey Nigel, That was meant as a Joke bro, about pubs and churches being closed etc.,, oh well.

Ok, when I was doing Disability Support, that was the figure that was quoted for National average for Influenza and other Viruses, that the population have to get to for strain to die out or down to a manageable level.

Here is a link to your HHS Public Access medical documentation on age related info on the above scenario. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3514506/

Ok,, it is NOT COVID - 19 and but it is on what I was mentioning just previous influenza Viruses that have been experienced in the past.

there is a lot if info there and various percentages for different age groups but mostly the older people ( like us).

This is what I was mostly referring to.

#497179 - 05/16/20 01:55 AM Re: 96.3% False COVID information on deaths in Italy [Re: tassiespirit]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By tassiespirit
Hey Nigel, That was meant as a Joke bro, about pubs and churches being closed etc.,, oh well.

Sorry. My sense of COVID19 humor is at about 0%. Being locked down for 2 months has that effect.

#497201 - 05/16/20 06:27 PM Re: 96.3% False COVID information on deaths in Italy [Re: tassiespirit]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Same as my sense of Prez-bashing humor. # years of whining has that effect on me.

#497228 - 05/17/20 12:11 PM Re: 96.3% False COVID information on deaths in Italy [Re: tassiespirit]
Crossover Offline

I love Jim Carrey‘s new coughing and Kleenex video with Trump.

EDIT: I do understand the stance that you have respect for the political function even if the current person who exerts it is not to your taste.
So, when some years ago the German "Bundespräsident" (who has no political power) resigned after being criticized for being a "bargain hunter" (he saved money on vacation due to some connections etc.), I found there was a certain lack of respect for the political function.

But there's a limit to anything. When someone acts like a child again and again, and also against some basic cultural ideas of the nation he respresents, and additionally has massive conflicts of interest as political affairs and his private business cannot be held apart, there's a point when all respect has to be given up. So I feel really alienated seeing still a large portion of people defending a child that destroys the dignity of the political function.

Edited by Crossover (05/18/20 03:32 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online