Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#496572 - 05/08/20 06:57 AM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj

Why haven't you posted the you tube video here yet on SZ?? confused1

Well, to be honest, the streaming sound was not that great. As i mentioned before, the live sound in the parking lot was fine, but it overloaded the mic I used with my phone. I fiddled with it, and compressed the audio as best I could, but here it is .... (remember - this was a LIVE show, not a studio recording)

#496573 - 05/08/20 07:14 AM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
its good to see you playing.

#496574 - 05/08/20 07:17 AM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: wrinkles303]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By wrinkles303
its good to see you playing.

... and actually WORKING !!! clap

#496575 - 05/08/20 08:01 AM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I congratulate you for being able to pull something like this off. I know it's part and parcel of this type of gig but it sure made me remember why we never took requests or allowed 'guest' artists smile . I guess when you aren't playing the accompaniment 'live', it's difficult to manage the 'dead time' between songs (I'm talking 'requests' and 'guest artists'). Actually we did take requests AND allow 'guests', but ONLY if we knew the tune well (requests) and could play it in the 'guest artist's' key---otherwise, a FIRM NO. However, playing in a jazz club or jazz-oriented bar is a little different, in that the 'guest' was usually pretty accomplished and was probably there to steal your gig, not impress his/her girlfriend/boyfriend.

Anyhow, congrats on figuring out how to squeeze a gig out of a pretty dry market (hopefully, only a temporary situation). Don't lose sight of the (health) risks involved in doing this type of gig, as some of the your over-excited 'guests' may temporarily forget safety protocols. Good luck and stay safe.

chas

#496576 - 05/08/20 08:14 AM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

GUESS WHAT? I fixed the audio!
This sounds Sooooooooo much better. It's only 1/2 the show - npt sure why the camera shut down.

#496577 - 05/08/20 08:32 AM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
GUESS WHAT? I fixed the audio!
This sounds Sooooooooo much better. It's only 1/2 the show - npt sure why the camera shut down.

Dave much better quality sounds terriffic...
good job as always !! clap

#496578 - 05/08/20 09:01 AM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Dave much better quality sounds terriffic...
good job as always !! clap

Thanks - that's what the crowd heard!

#496594 - 05/08/20 05:55 PM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
jingleman Online   content

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Good job Dave. Audio sounds great!

#496599 - 05/08/20 07:29 PM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: jingleman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Dave, when I tuned in on Thursday, the camera was facing from 'stage right' and in this vid it is at 'stage left' ... did you switch mid-stream,?

#496600 - 05/08/20 08:15 PM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Tony - LOL - no, I had my phone set up Stage Right (MY right for you non theatre types), and my Zoom Q2n stage left as a backup - good thing I DID too, because the audio from the phone got way too hot! lol

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online