SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#496040 - 04/30/20 09:16 AM Re: Still Learnin' [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks everyone for your great comments.
All my recordings in the past ten years or so have been on the Tascam DR 05. Keyboard and TC Helicon go to the mixer and then to the recorder.
Only processing is normalizing and conversation from WAV to MP3 in Audacity. I could record it in MP3 directly but I like to have the option to leave it in WAV format if it is needed for higher quality.
This is a slower tempo than I normally use for this song. Depends on my mood and feel for the room and audience.

#496041 - 04/30/20 09:24 AM Re: Still Learnin' [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Thanks everyone for your great comments.
All my recordings in the past ten years or so have been on the Tascam DR 05. Keyboard and TC Helicon go to the mixer and then to the recorder.
Only processing is normalizing and conversation from WAV to MP3 in Audacity. I could record it in MP3 directly but I like to have the option to leave it in WAV format if it is needed for higher quality.
This is a slower tempo than I normally use for this song. Depends on my mood and feel for the room and audience.

How did you record the video of Sharp Dressed man??

#496042 - 04/30/20 09:41 AM Re: Still Learnin' [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

That was recorded on the Kodak Zi8, directly from the keyboard. It has line for the audio.
Those recordings were rush jobs and the sound is a little hot on some, but no time then to redo them.

#496043 - 04/30/20 09:43 AM Re: Still Learnin' [Re: DonM]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Super job Don! You da 'Blues Man'!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#496044 - 04/30/20 10:05 AM Re: Still Learnin' [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

That was recorded on the Kodak Zi8, directly from the keyboard. It has line for the audio.
Those recordings were rush jobs and the sound is a little hot on some, but no time then to redo them.

Don for an older vid cam it sure looks and sounds really good..
saw one on ebay for $20.00
https://www.ebay.com/p/99934144?iid=164175526733
I was thinking now that the Pa1000 is here and I was happy to have saved all my previous Pa1000 stuff on a USB drive which loaded right in and ready to play I would look for a simple way to try
my hand at video recording we'll see I have to investigate further can you or anyone give me any tips and suggestions on a newer model cam for video and record inline too?. Anyway It's great to see and hear everyone here posting lots of songs keep them coming my SZ friends and stay safe .

Edited by Dnj (04/30/20 10:23 AM)

#496046 - 04/30/20 10:16 AM Re: Still Learnin' [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I'm not an expert on video recording for sure. You do need a tripod, and it is MUCH better if your recorder has audio inputs, as mine does, so you can run a line from your keyboard or mixer into the camera while you are making the video.
You can usually find the old Kodak on EBay for pretty good price, but there have to be newer ones that might be even better.

#496047 - 04/30/20 10:16 AM Re: Still Learnin' [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

I was thinking now that the Pa1000 is here and I was happy to have saved all my previous Pa1000 stuff on a USB drive which loaded right in and ready to play I would look for a simple way to try
my hand at video recording we'll see I have to investigate further can you give me any tips and suggestions. Anyway It's great to see and hear everyone here posting lots of songs keep them coming my SZ friends and stay safe .

KISS smile

I have had success using the camera on the laptop.. Use an audio interface for sound.. Don't forget to defeat the laptop mic.

The video lags a couple ms, but not that bad. (no one is a movie star here). grin

It will save to your camera roll in Windows 10. You can upload to youtube.

#496050 - 04/30/20 10:24 AM Re: Still Learnin' [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

I'm not an expert on video recording for sure. You do need a tripod, and it is MUCH better if your recorder has audio inputs, as mine does, so you can run a line from your keyboard or mixer into the camera while you are making the video.
You can usually find the old Kodak on EBay for pretty good price, but there have to be newer ones that might be even better.

https://www.ebay.com/p/99934144?iid=164175526733

$20.00?

#496051 - 04/30/20 10:25 AM Re: Still Learnin' [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Dnj

my hand at video recording we'll see I have to investigate further can you give me any tips and suggestions. Anyway It's great to see and hear everyone here posting lots of songs keep them coming my SZ friends and stay safe .

KISS smile

I have had success using the camera on the laptop.. Use an audio interface for sound.. Don't forget to defeat the laptop mic.

The video lags a couple ms, but not that bad. (no one is a movie star here). grin

Fran can you please post a video/audio demo of this configuration using the laptop seems cumbersome ?? confused1

#496053 - 04/30/20 10:32 AM Re: Still Learnin' [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Dnj

KISS smile

Fran can you please post a video/audio demo of this configuration using the laptop seems cumbersome ?? confused1

Set up your laptop facing your keyboard set up (and you).. connect your Korg to the Audio interface (2 inputs). connect the audio interface to the laptop (USB).. Open camera , set to video record.. you are ready to play and record.. You try it , no need for someone else to demo.. Can't be any simpler.

Don.t forget to turn off the mic in windows.

Edited by Fran Carango (04/30/20 10:33 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online