SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#495464 - 04/24/20 06:30 AM More on the Stimulus checks
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Couldn't find the original post on this. Something really strange; I got my stimulus check IN THE MAIL yesterday. Am I complaining? No, but this contradicts everything I've read about how this money was to be distributed. I not only had filed my 2019 taxes but also draw Social Security which is direct deposited. EVERYTHING I've read indicates that I should have gotten the stimulus payment via direct deposit. They have all my banking information (obviously) so what gives? Anyone else experience this situation?

chas

#495471 - 04/24/20 07:06 AM Re: More on the Stimulus checks [Re: cgiles]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Chas - I am on Social Security and have not heard a peep. The wife and I should be receiving the $$$ but so far, NADA. I went to the IRS website and tried to inquire and got an error "We were unable to locate any information for you". Go figure.

For folks who have not seen anything, I heard on the radio this morning that if, by chance, you don't receive the funds, on next year's taxes, you "should" be able to claim the credit which would then reduce that amount from your taxes.

And the beat goes on.....

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#495473 - 04/24/20 07:09 AM Re: More on the Stimulus checks [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Couldn't find the original post on this.

chas

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/492955#Post492955

#495474 - 04/24/20 07:30 AM Re: More on the Stimulus checks [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Thanks Donny, but since I've already started this one.......

Randy, yeah, sure seems like they can't get their act together. There are numerous stories of wrong amounts (very few overpays smile smile ), wrong bank accounts, etc. This 'tax credit' thing sucks for people who need the money NOW. I know this was pushed out in a hurry but boy, talk about poor execution. Hope yours gets straightened out soon.

chas

#495475 - 04/24/20 07:37 AM Re: More on the Stimulus checks [Re: cgiles]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I get ssd direct deposit..nothing there nor on paper.

#495477 - 04/24/20 08:07 AM Re: More on the Stimulus checks [Re: saxxman]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman
Chas - I am on Social Security and have not heard a peep. The wife and I should be receiving the $$$ but so far, NADA. I went to the IRS website and tried to inquire and got an error "We were unable to locate any information for you". Go figure.

Same here Randy.....I called my CPA, who does my taxes and my 2019 are not prepared yet. I voiced my concern over this and they told me the stimulus checks are based on 2018 returns. I have to call my CPA again today, because I think this is incorrect.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#495478 - 04/24/20 08:08 AM Re: More on the Stimulus checks [Re: sparky589]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
No problem here ...

And it must be based on 2018 because we - and a lot of other people - have not filed 2019 yet ...

Edited by tony mads usa (04/24/20 08:10 AM)

#495479 - 04/24/20 08:16 AM Re: More on the Stimulus checks [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY

#495483 - 04/24/20 08:31 AM Re: More on the Stimulus checks [Re: cgiles]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By cgiles
Couldn't find the original post on this. Something really strange; I got my stimulus check IN THE MAIL yesterday. Am I complaining? No, but this contradicts everything I've read about how this money was to be distributed. I not only had filed my 2019 taxes but also draw Social Security which is direct deposited. EVERYTHING I've read indicates that I should have gotten the stimulus payment via direct deposit. They have all my banking information (obviously) so what gives? Anyone else experience this situation?

chas

Same here Chas
It's weird. My wife and I both have Social Security direct deposit to our bank. Yesterday we got an actual check in the mail made out to both of us on one check. I don't get it, we thought social security direct deposit info was going to be used for the stimulus direct deposit.

Who knows? But yea I'll take it too

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#495486 - 04/24/20 08:53 AM Re: More on the Stimulus checks [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Larry, I think they're just messing with guys with ties to Pennsylvania smile smile. Probably Eagles haters smile.

chas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online