#495253 - 04/21/20 02:23 PM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
That's a lot of fixing smile

#495263 - 04/21/20 04:20 PM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: saxxman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By saxxman
Steve - HA HA! I have done a lot of time in the programmer trenches, but that particular artwork is not my own. If you had your Genos there at the Villages, you could see if the same problem exists there, but I am guessing the board is in Rhoadie since you have not reported any issues w/the "Big G" like that...

Stay safe over there - saw where a bunch of 'canes landed over in Central Fl over the weekend. Threats coming from all directions! Stay safe Brother Steve!

Randy, The Big G is in Rhody, so I can't test anything but that type problem never happened with the G.

We had a tornado cross I-75 in Bellview that's about 10 miles from we are, that's getting a little too close for comfort.

Larry and Ed, I'll get to that web site as well and send Yammie a message.

#495273 - 04/21/20 07:20 PM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Glad you all fared OK Steve! Sorry - I meant tornado, just so used to 'canes in FL. HA HA - another wind by another name. Let me know if you hear anything from Yamaha on the glitch they are seeing and stay safe over there!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#495392 - 04/22/20 08:41 PM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
tnicoson Offline

Loc: Chicago area - USA
Randy

Here is the link to the PSR-Tutorial thread discussing the need to replace the SX900 system board to recover from a "Favorites" crash. See posts by "andorra" and "blackpool". There is a third (Aquilauno), but he is awaiting the end of the lockdown so that he can get out and ship his board to the Service Center, and it looks like Christopher Fernandes is still trying to get his to boot. So that is 4 dead SX900's right there. We know at least the first two are legitimate reports, because Yamaha has already replaced the system boards in those.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,55088.msg430016/topicseen.html#msg430016

Sorry! I can't get the link button to work. Please see the link in DonM's reply immediately following.

We are talking about two entirely different fixes here. Yes, Yamaha should be able to fix the original problem with a firmware update, but once the problem has crashed your system and it will not boot, you can not apply a firmware update to a system that will not boot, so you have to replace the system board to fix the crash. This is the part that has everyone so concerned. If the bug bites, your SX900 is dead until you can get the system board replaced, but there appears to be varying degrees to the severity of the crash. Some folks have been able to reboot and recover, while others have not. It looks like the more "favorites" you had saved, and the more you were deleting, when the crash occurs, the greater the severity.

Edited by tnicoson (04/22/20 09:38 PM)

#495394 - 04/22/20 08:58 PM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Favorites Problem link

I fixed the link for you.

#495395 - 04/22/20 09:04 PM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
tnicoson Offline

Loc: Chicago area - USA
Thanks much, Don. All you folks down there will be in my thoughts and prayers, while this next round of storms passes. Those things look realy scary on radar.

#495396 - 04/22/20 09:07 PM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You are most welcome. It was scary for most of the day, but we got lucky.
BTW the secret to posting the link is go to the full reply screen and click on the second icon from left. I was hear 15 years before I learned that! smile

#495398 - 04/23/20 04:19 AM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: saxxman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By saxxman
Glad you all fared OK Steve! Sorry - I meant tornado, just so used to 'canes in FL. HA HA - another wind by another name. Let me know if you hear anything from Yamaha on the glitch they are seeing and stay safe over there!

Thanks Randy. I will let you know if I hear anything from Yamaha.

#495402 - 04/23/20 05:54 AM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Thanks Tnico and Don - wow. Sounds like Yamaha needs to retrain or fire a programmer or two. This is not a good thing. I have never used a Favorite and will not mess with that function. Thanks again for pointing out the post - Hopefully Yamaha will respond to these unfortunate users in a timely manner.

Thanks Steve - hunker down!

Stay safe all - we are set for a terrible (weather) day here - under tornado watches and severe storm watches all day and into late this evening.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#495403 - 04/23/20 05:55 AM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

does the genos have the same favorites problem also?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online