SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#49505 - 02/16/02 05:51 AM This is what is on the 7000 continued.
technicsplayer Offline

The story changes:

Maybe not a hard disk after all but a "means of mass storage" - this does not have to be a hard disk I suppose?
see http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/002857.html
for other possibilities?

usb memory dumps to pc and back? yes please!
lots of custom memory? yes please!
flash cards? yes please!

ps. I hope its NOT a cd writer, but some of the other ideas would do nicely thanks.

#49506 - 02/17/02 02:41 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Bart_dup1 Offline

Hi Technicsplayer,

Where do you get your information about the KN7000 ? I really can't find such information about the KN7000 on internet.

regards, Bart

#49507 - 02/17/02 12:38 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Bart,
Let's be realistic, the spec of the next keyboard is top secret before it is launched because this is valuable information to competitors. Therefore you will not find any information from Technics or anyone associated with the company before the official unveiling.

The simplest way to find out is to ask your dealer, he might or might not know anything. This is hardly rocket science, and has been done here before under the description of 'confidential sources', though it hardly seems to warrant such a pompous exageration for something anyone can do with one phone call, at least in my opinion.

The other way might be to read other peoples posts and then just repeat the information under your own name in a different post. This has happened too very recently. Unfortunately where the original report may have a deliberate error or 2 the repeater just reveals himself as someone with no knowledge, beyond the ability to pretend he knows something he does not.

I may or may not know many dealers, representatives, contacts or employees of Technics, I'm not prepared to say. My predictions may be right or wrong, we shall have to see when the 7000 appears. Everyone is free to make their own mind up based on their experience of the intelligence, accuracy and history of a person's posts whether its worth paying attention to what they say...
regards,

#49508 - 02/18/02 11:51 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Also, how about a quick, efficient way to edit midi files without having to use the step edit mode? For example, a one-button global command that will remove controller information in the file, allowing one to resave with desired changes. Changes that will stay permanent (e.g., volume levels, panning, etc.). Further, in auto play, can you stop the rhythm parts while the drums continue on? Have not figured-out how to do that yet.

#49509 - 02/18/02 12:03 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi alec.
You know so much for one so young.
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
The story changes:

Maybe not a hard disk after all but a "means of mass storage" - this does not have to be a hard disk I suppose?
see http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/002857.html
for other possibilities?

usb memory dumps to pc and back? yes please!
lots of custom memory? yes please!
flash cards? yes please!

ps. I hope its NOT a cd writer, but some of the other ideas would do nicely thanks.

#49510 - 02/18/02 01:08 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
At last, a PICTURE !!

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#49511 - 02/18/02 11:38 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
So thats what you look like, jonny!!! What i need on the K.N. 7000 or the 6500 is a more sophisticated TRANSPOSE FUNCTION. I want to be able to transpose the "SONG" playiing on the floppy disc to the key I want- Usually the key that I have the sheet music in but leave the keyboard as it is in C. E.G. Try a little tenderness backing is in Eb- My music is in C. O.K.? I transpose down 3 semitones and now my C is an A. My other keyboards, which shall remain nameless allow me to transpose "SONG" or "INTERNAL" selectively or both as my need requires.Is there something I have missed. I read up the manual and it only suggests an overall transposition is possible. This is more important to me than a T.V. output.Still, as I said, there is a lot the Technics does that the others don't but this seems such a basic requirement. Jean.

#49512 - 02/19/02 02:17 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Jean, yes that's what Gunnar looks like... it's a shame really...

all of this transposing should be possible on a 5000, I'm confused. Don't you go up 3 to get to Eb?

the panel transpose affects everything you play live, and the sequencer has a separate transpose available for each song. Is this what you mean?

Also there is a pitch point available in the composer which defines when the accompaniment changes octave as you play chords. This can be tweaked to prevent the accompaniment going too low.

[This message has been edited by technicsplayer (edited 02-19-2002).]

#49513 - 02/19/02 10:34 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
[B]At last, a PICTURE !!

Now I know what they mean when they say
LETS SUCK IT & SEE

#49514 - 02/19/02 11:09 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
.... back to the wish list ..... often on a gig, I'll be playing a sequenced tune and invariably near the end of the tune one or more couples will get up to dance.... as the tune is programmed to end, I want to go to another tune immediately, with NO break in playing ..... could there be a way to perhaps have a second 'load' area where a new tune could be loaded (while the current tune is still playing)to begin as soon as the current one ends?
thnx,
t.
BTW to Gunther .... is the new pic 'before' or 'after'?!?
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 02-19-2002).]

#49515 - 02/19/02 11:38 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
technicsplayer Offline

try medly play for the 10 songs in the sequencer, minimal delay if there are no start and stop pauses in the sequences.

you can navigate the hard disk while a song plays so have the next ready to press the load button as soon as the end of the previous song fades - 2 second delay.

Or use custom load scripts with auto start and auto load - again the 2 second delay, but no limit on the position of the songs you can program.

the only other way would be to have 2 sequencers like the pa80.

#49516 - 02/19/02 12:34 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
.... thanks Alec ... you've given me these hints before, and I've used them, ... thank you.... I was thinking more of a situation requiring spontaneity as opposed to preset and perhaps a time when even 2-3 seconds can seem like a long time with people on the dance floor...
which is why I PREFER playing live instead of using midi or sequenced tunes .... but then sometimes we sacrifice the arrangement ... any chance of 2 sequencers in the 7000? ....
t.

#49517 - 02/19/02 03:04 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Alec- thanks for answering. I am trying to transpose the recorded backing from the seqencer from Eb to C so I would have to go DOWN 3 semitones, but I don't want the Keyboard to change as my music is in C,and my vocalist wants to sing in C. What I am saying is that my Technics won't do this- My Roland will.Theres no problem if your music is in Eb.Its just that its a feature thats really useful sometimes especially when you are working with a lot of vocalists.Jean.

#49518 - 02/19/02 03:22 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Hi Gunnar, You'r just as I imagined you. Beautiful!!!! Walter.

#49519 - 02/19/02 08:30 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Teemark Offline

Loc: Ohio
Here are some feature that are to be obe the KN 7000. (from a very reliable source)

#49520 - 02/19/02 08:40 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Teemark Offline

Here's whats' to be on the KN 7000 (at least it's on the prototype as of now)

1. New cosmetic look to the outside case. Different from the 6000/6500

2. USB port with proprietary software to be able to upload/download information to the keyboard thru the keyboard.

3. It's going to use a new video chip that Panasonic will be using in some of it's new digital cameras so you can produce slide shows or accompany your own slide shows with a video out port.

4. NO HARD DRIVE! BUT, memory sticks. 16k will come with it that will hold about 11 floppy's worth of info. It will still have a 3 1/2 drive. Memory sticks will be made in higher incements up to 9 megs.

5. some new expansion boards are being built. don't know if they are only for the 7000, or will work with 6000/6500's as well.

6. more sound ram for even better solo voices.

#49521 - 02/19/02 09:30 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Teemark Offline

Correction to item 2. in my last post: The USB port will allow you to upload and download information from the keyboard to the computer. I had put from the keyboard to the keyboard.

Mark

#49522 - 02/20/02 01:11 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
technicsplayer Offline

substantial agreement with http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000392.html with the obvious new box and historical doubling? of wave rom we get with each generation, including the new ew03 and ew04 cards. maybe we are getting closer to the picture, only a couple of weeks to wait now...

don't like the sound of memory sticks though!

Memory Stick is the (expensive) Sony format, which Panasonic would surely never use.
Panasonic have a SD/MMC card format used in their digicams which has not taken off a great deal yet.
SmartMedia cards are wider accepted, but maybe a little fragile for keyboards and limited in size?
Compact Flash type II would be ideal, and probably the cheapest option for the customer (256 MB for $80) with the highest capacities available at this time, also compatible with IBM microdrives. I have the 1 GB microdrive and am very impressed with the performance.

I don't like the sound of this 9 MB at all... quite pathetic compared to what is available off the shelf...
surely this is not going to be another proprietry technics memory card that is not compatible with anything else?
anyone remember the price of the kn800 memory cards? the disk drive for kn800/1000? the 3000 hd? hd5000? sx6?
I do hope not...

[This message has been edited by technicsplayer (edited 02-20-2002).]

#49523 - 02/20/02 09:08 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Anonymous
Unregistered

They can't put everything on the 7000 because they have to think ahead to what they can tempt you with on the one after it. Now we ought to start guessing what the name and colour of that will be I.E. my guess? Technics 8500RONMDTTOYGASNHD. any guesses as to what that stands for. No prizes though!.
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
substantial agreement with http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000392.html with the obvious new box and historical doubling? of wave rom we get with each generation, including the new ew03 and ew04 cards. maybe we are getting closer to the picture, only a couple of weeks to wait now...

don't like the sound of memory sticks though!

Memory Stick is the (expensive) Sony format, which Panasonic would surely never use.
Panasonic have a SD/MMC card format used in their digicams which has not taken off a great deal yet.
SmartMedia cards are wider accepted, but maybe a little fragile for keyboards and limited in size?
Compact Flash type II would be ideal, and probably the cheapest option for the customer (256 MB for $80) with the highest capacities available at this time, also compatible with IBM microdrives. I have the 1 GB microdrive and am very impressed with the performance.

I don't like the sound of this 9 MB at all... quite pathetic compared to what is available off the shelf...
surely this is not going to be another proprietry technics memory card that is not compatible with anything else?
anyone remember the price of the kn800 memory cards? the disk drive for kn800/1000? the 3000 hd? hd5000? sx6?
I do hope not...

[This message has been edited by technicsplayer (edited 02-20-2002).]

#49524 - 02/20/02 09:49 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
JvG Offline

Loc: Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Teemark:
4. NO HARD DRIVE! BUT, memory sticks. 16k will come with it that will hold about 11 floppy's worth of info.

A 16k memory stick is something I´ve never heard of, and neither will it hold 11 floppies worth of data. That´s impossible, considering a floppy holds 1.44 megabytes.

#49525 - 02/20/02 10:41 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Bart_dup1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JvG:
A 16k memory stick is something I´ve never heard of, and neither will it hold 11 floppies worth of data. That´s impossible, considering a floppy holds 1.44 megabytes.

I think a 16 Mb memory stick is meant

#49526 - 02/20/02 10:43 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Bart_dup1 Offline

By the way, what's the "load" speed from the memory stick to the keyboard compared to a floppy ? I guess it's much faster ?

#49527 - 02/20/02 10:51 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
How about the KN7000 supporting the compact flash type II: IBM microdrive? It's really tiny and relatively cheap (costs less than $275 for 1 gigabyte capacity). I use one with my digital camera (Canon G2) and it works GREAT. - Scott

#49528 - 02/20/02 11:06 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
technicsplayer Offline

speed from flash once it is programmed will be no different to speed from the custom section or a preset ie instantaneous.

16MB would be more like it, but then what would the maximum 9 refer to? 96MB ? 9 is not a standard progression - 16, 32, 48, 64, 96, 128, 256, 512?

the only drawback with my microdrive in the camera is the increased battery drain and tendancy to warm on continuous shooting. I now use 256 MB cards in the camera and the microdrive in the mp3 player. A Giga Byte of mp3s is quite good in a player that fits in your shirt pocket!

#49529 - 02/20/02 11:20 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Alec,
I'm looking for a new portable MP3 player which supoprts the 1 gig microdrive myself. Which brand/model MP3 player do you own & recommend? - Scott

#49530 - 02/21/02 12:04 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
technicsplayer Offline

have a look at the nexII at http://www.frontierlabs.com/

every player has its downside, this one just has a non silent switch on and off, and rather fiddly battery retrieval.

upside is AA batteries (I use 1800 mA/H metal hydrides) - AAA players are useless for play time.
It plays WMA files, is flash upgradeable, takes microdrives fine, has resume on switch off, and the usb works fine (I use card readers myself).
supplied headphones are acceptable, better sound is always available with an upgrade no matter what player you buy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online