SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#49515 - 02/19/02 11:38 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
technicsplayer Offline

try medly play for the 10 songs in the sequencer, minimal delay if there are no start and stop pauses in the sequences.

you can navigate the hard disk while a song plays so have the next ready to press the load button as soon as the end of the previous song fades - 2 second delay.

Or use custom load scripts with auto start and auto load - again the 2 second delay, but no limit on the position of the songs you can program.

the only other way would be to have 2 sequencers like the pa80.

#49516 - 02/19/02 12:34 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
.... thanks Alec ... you've given me these hints before, and I've used them, ... thank you.... I was thinking more of a situation requiring spontaneity as opposed to preset and perhaps a time when even 2-3 seconds can seem like a long time with people on the dance floor...
which is why I PREFER playing live instead of using midi or sequenced tunes .... but then sometimes we sacrifice the arrangement ... any chance of 2 sequencers in the 7000? ....
t.

#49517 - 02/19/02 03:04 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Alec- thanks for answering. I am trying to transpose the recorded backing from the seqencer from Eb to C so I would have to go DOWN 3 semitones, but I don't want the Keyboard to change as my music is in C,and my vocalist wants to sing in C. What I am saying is that my Technics won't do this- My Roland will.Theres no problem if your music is in Eb.Its just that its a feature thats really useful sometimes especially when you are working with a lot of vocalists.Jean.

#49518 - 02/19/02 03:22 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Hi Gunnar, You'r just as I imagined you. Beautiful!!!! Walter.

#49519 - 02/19/02 08:30 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Teemark Offline

Loc: Ohio
Here are some feature that are to be obe the KN 7000. (from a very reliable source)

#49520 - 02/19/02 08:40 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Teemark Offline

Here's whats' to be on the KN 7000 (at least it's on the prototype as of now)

1. New cosmetic look to the outside case. Different from the 6000/6500

2. USB port with proprietary software to be able to upload/download information to the keyboard thru the keyboard.

3. It's going to use a new video chip that Panasonic will be using in some of it's new digital cameras so you can produce slide shows or accompany your own slide shows with a video out port.

4. NO HARD DRIVE! BUT, memory sticks. 16k will come with it that will hold about 11 floppy's worth of info. It will still have a 3 1/2 drive. Memory sticks will be made in higher incements up to 9 megs.

5. some new expansion boards are being built. don't know if they are only for the 7000, or will work with 6000/6500's as well.

6. more sound ram for even better solo voices.

#49521 - 02/19/02 09:30 PM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Teemark Offline

Correction to item 2. in my last post: The USB port will allow you to upload and download information from the keyboard to the computer. I had put from the keyboard to the keyboard.

Mark

#49522 - 02/20/02 01:11 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
technicsplayer Offline

substantial agreement with http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000392.html with the obvious new box and historical doubling? of wave rom we get with each generation, including the new ew03 and ew04 cards. maybe we are getting closer to the picture, only a couple of weeks to wait now...

don't like the sound of memory sticks though!

Memory Stick is the (expensive) Sony format, which Panasonic would surely never use.
Panasonic have a SD/MMC card format used in their digicams which has not taken off a great deal yet.
SmartMedia cards are wider accepted, but maybe a little fragile for keyboards and limited in size?
Compact Flash type II would be ideal, and probably the cheapest option for the customer (256 MB for $80) with the highest capacities available at this time, also compatible with IBM microdrives. I have the 1 GB microdrive and am very impressed with the performance.

I don't like the sound of this 9 MB at all... quite pathetic compared to what is available off the shelf...
surely this is not going to be another proprietry technics memory card that is not compatible with anything else?
anyone remember the price of the kn800 memory cards? the disk drive for kn800/1000? the 3000 hd? hd5000? sx6?
I do hope not...

[This message has been edited by technicsplayer (edited 02-20-2002).]

#49523 - 02/20/02 09:08 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
Anonymous
Unregistered

They can't put everything on the 7000 because they have to think ahead to what they can tempt you with on the one after it. Now we ought to start guessing what the name and colour of that will be I.E. my guess? Technics 8500RONMDTTOYGASNHD. any guesses as to what that stands for. No prizes though!.
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
substantial agreement with http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000392.html with the obvious new box and historical doubling? of wave rom we get with each generation, including the new ew03 and ew04 cards. maybe we are getting closer to the picture, only a couple of weeks to wait now...

don't like the sound of memory sticks though!

Memory Stick is the (expensive) Sony format, which Panasonic would surely never use.
Panasonic have a SD/MMC card format used in their digicams which has not taken off a great deal yet.
SmartMedia cards are wider accepted, but maybe a little fragile for keyboards and limited in size?
Compact Flash type II would be ideal, and probably the cheapest option for the customer (256 MB for $80) with the highest capacities available at this time, also compatible with IBM microdrives. I have the 1 GB microdrive and am very impressed with the performance.

I don't like the sound of this 9 MB at all... quite pathetic compared to what is available off the shelf...
surely this is not going to be another proprietry technics memory card that is not compatible with anything else?
anyone remember the price of the kn800 memory cards? the disk drive for kn800/1000? the 3000 hd? hd5000? sx6?
I do hope not...

[This message has been edited by technicsplayer (edited 02-20-2002).]

#49524 - 02/20/02 09:49 AM Re: This is what is on the 7000 continued.
JvG Offline

Loc: Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Teemark:
4. NO HARD DRIVE! BUT, memory sticks. 16k will come with it that will hold about 11 floppy's worth of info.

A 16k memory stick is something Iīve never heard of, and neither will it hold 11 floppies worth of data. Thatīs impossible, considering a floppy holds 1.44 megabytes.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online