SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#49477 - 05/19/05 12:21 AM Re: Take good care of my baby
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
A few weeks ago someone said it was possible to make styles from a midi file. I would be interested in a blow by blow account of this. Take for instance, "The Boxer" of Simon and Garfunkel - great drums in that one.

Anyone like to take this on? Joan

#49478 - 05/19/05 12:49 AM Re: Take good care of my baby
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:
A few weeks ago someone said it was possible to make styles from a midi file. I would be interested in a blow by blow account of this. Take for instance, "The Boxer" of Simon and Garfunkel - great drums in that one.

Anyone like to take this on? Joan

Hi Joan (and other interested),
sometimes ago I experimented how to make my own styles out midifiles. I have wrote down the way I followed in 2 tutors. If you wish you can inform yourself if you visit the KESO-site and please have a look under Tips&Tricks E2 and E3.
DOWNLOAD one of the 2 'tutor-packs', including:
1. the midi-file I used
2. The KN7000 Composer rhythms of 'Time is tight'
3. The 'Time is tight'-song recorded with Easy Record
or with great drums
DOWNLOAD the 'exercise pack', including:
1. the midi-file I used
2. The KN7000 Composer rhythms of Wipe Out
3. The Wipe Out KN7000-song recorded with Easy Record

And of course if other guys, like Roger, can help or advise how they work, it would be very informative to get experience with selfmade styles....
Happy-making-your-own-style
Cees

#49479 - 05/19/05 01:59 AM Re: Take good care of my baby
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Joan
Re Boxer - please see your in box...
Best wishes
Rog

#49480 - 05/19/05 02:56 AM Re: Take good care of my baby
BLUEROSEY Offline

Loc: WALES UK
BILL I would also like a copy of the style please, and the sheet music.
regards ROSE.

#49481 - 05/19/05 05:51 AM Re: Take good care of my baby
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
It would be great to do a written tutorial on composing a specific style from scratch but having thought about it, I don't believe it could be done effectively. It's really something which has to be done 'Live' with people watching and listening as the style is built.
There are some things that just cannot be explained properly by writing them down, however, I will give it some more thought - maybe it would be possible as a Video presentation ??? Unfortunately, I don't have a video camera at present, since I don't have much use for one.

To produce a style from scratch for a particular song, I basically listen to the original song over and over, on the PC attached to my KN7000 and pick out the component parts eg Drums, Bass, Strings, Piano, Brass etc. and then build the style bit by bit. It can often take several hours to achieve a good result - the 'Take Good Care..' one took about 2 hours, but I have spent much longer on some styles I have built from scratch. As has been mentioned, for most people, the drums are probably the most difficult part. Luckily, being a drummer, I don't find that component of the style problematic

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#49482 - 05/19/05 07:26 AM Re: Take good care of my baby
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
The response from members to queries is fantastic - I will be getting answers shortly BEFORE I have asked the question.

Thank you Roger, Cees, Bill and Uncle Tom Cobbley an all!!! Joan

#49483 - 05/19/05 08:22 AM Re: Take good care of my baby
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote from Bill Norrie:
"As has been mentioned, for most people, the drums are probably the most difficult part. Luckily, being a drummer, I don't find that component of the style problematic" ... and therein, in my humble opinion is a KEY FACTOR ...
t.

#49484 - 05/19/05 08:53 AM Re: Take good care of my baby
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi Roger,

Just out of interest, I listened to Bobby Vee's recording and made a style from scratch to suit the song. If anyone wants a copy, just ask...........

Hi Bill,
Yes I would like a copy of the style also the dots

Derek Munson

#49485 - 05/19/05 06:58 PM Re: Take good care of my baby
Mary in Tucson Offline

Loc: tucson, Arizona, USA
Bill,

Received the registration for Take Good Care
of My Baby, and loved it. I have downloaded
all of your songs from your website and really like them. You are very talented.

Thanks again,
Mary

#49486 - 05/19/05 11:36 PM Re: Take good care of my baby
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
I've tried Bill's style for "take good care of my baby" and found that as Bill said "it also goes very well with the song "It might as well rain until september"

Should anyone require the dots and or the original recording to listen to just email me

peterloudon@wight365.net

Kind regards to all

Peter

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online