SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#494816 - 04/17/20 02:31 PM Re: Q2n internal mic used ... SD7 recording [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

I also forgot to ask does this video camera mic have any effects I don't think so the vocal sounds very dry...?
or can you sing through a mixer with fx into the camera?
+1 on Don Ms assessment on the lacking of bass too. Hope you get it all worked out

Edited by Dnj (04/17/20 02:32 PM)

#494817 - 04/17/20 02:33 PM Re: Q2n internal mic used ... SD7 recording [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Just turn up the effects on the SD7 vocal processor a little. As Donny says, it's a little dry for my taste. Not much.

#494870 - 04/18/20 05:08 AM Re: Q2n internal mic used ... SD7 recording [Re: DonM]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Dave,

You know my point of view and it becomes painfully apparent in these two videos. The sound cannot hold a candle ( not even close) to a direct ( from the line-out) recording. You know I like to call a spade a spade and these videos are below par soundwise and significantly so. I know the dilemma you are faced with, perhaps a TC helicon pedal might offer a solution ?
Not sure whether you can , I will have to try it out myself and maybe Donny knows, but if you run the Left(=mono) line out of the Ketron into a TC helicon vocaliser ( I only have the Harmony Singer) than lead both (left and right) on to amp or to the computer ( and from there to your video recording) you will have your vocals completely on a different incoming channel as compared to the two line outs from the Ketron SD7. Imperative of course that the TC Helicon will recognise the sound/chords of the Ketron.... Just thinking aloud really......

regards
John

#494888 - 04/18/20 09:07 AM Re: Q2n internal mic used ... SD7 recording [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
John,
None of these trials point a finger at the SD7 harmonizer ... My issues are balance in recordings. As a live player - I need to hear the room ... the natural ambiance - direct recordings don't give you that, and even though some aspects are clearer, in my current state of bewilderment - I am not looking (and listening) to the bigger picture. I am simply allowing you all into my test process, as I familiarize myself with this very strange beast. If I were a registrations kind of guy - the Ketron would have been with me long ago, but since I rely on off the cuff, split second changes in my performances - the OS of the Ketron has some areas that are challenging for someone like me who pushes buttons at an alarming rate, while playing. This is the reason I am exploring the SD60. I am hoping that better processing power may make the OS perform more seamlessly under my fingers. There are things happening under the hood that have nothing to do with music - and these are the things that hinder my comfort level.

I appreciate everyones honest input, and I will continue to share the process with you so you may make better informed choices for yourselves. If I were back at work, and spent just a few days in front of an audience with the SD7 - EVERYTHING you hear would be so much more polished, and balanced. This is not the way I work best, but I will continue to try.

Thanks for the comments.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online