paypal.me/daveboyd
@David-Boyd-49 (venmo)
patreon.com/daveboydmusic

Thanks John!

#494670 - 04/16/20 09:21 AM Re: SD7 - just buttons and fingers [Re: TedS]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By TedS

I noticed that when you play single notes in the left hand, SD7 is indicating only a root or unison.

Ted, I think that's just an overlook in the software, because I agree with you - the chord sounds full, even though the screen shows a different name. When I first set up the instrument, I left it on the setting (EASY1) because it seemed to work OK. I just switched it to EASY3, and the readout is more correct, but to honest - I'm not sure I hear a difference yet. I'll address this more as I get more comfortable with this OS. Thanks for watching!

#494676 - 04/16/20 09:33 AM Re: SD7 - just buttons and fingers [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Quick teaser before I go live tonight at 7 - recorded direct to the Zoom Q2n - still not happy with record levels, and doing it on headphones because of close quarters in this building .... but - I'm gettin' there!

Dave ... I thought it sounded great ... thank you

#494677 - 04/16/20 09:36 AM Re: SD7 - just buttons and fingers [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Thanks Tony - gettin closer each day. I'd never have gotten THIS far if I was still working! LOL

#494709 - 04/16/20 11:03 AM Re: SD7 - just buttons and fingers [Re: Uncle Dave]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA

When I first set up the instrument, I left it on the setting (EASY1) because it seemed to work OK. I just switched it to EASY3, and the readout is more correct, but to honest - I'm not sure I hear a difference yet.

Wow! I looked at the manual and it doesn't even mention "Easy3." Maybe AJ can explain each of the modes, and what the differences are. I've been stalking this because the SD40 is attractive to me. But this is the kind of stuff I want to know!

#494752 - 04/16/20 02:08 PM Re: SD7 - just buttons and fingers [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
waiting for that
Organ solo

Here's one with the organ ... running into some things good, and some not so good .... you'll notice the drums in the last verse (2:15) take an unusually long fill to turn around, and at the very end they (drums) actually hiccup (2:48) when I switch from Rhodes to Organ for the last chord. These are things I'm hoping more processing power will eliminate in the upgrades. Some sounds are more memory intense than others, and I need to find, and identify the memory hogs so I know to treat them more gently when making fast changes. Still not happy with the balance - my mindset is in living room mode, and I just can't give it my full attention till I have an audience for play off of. This was recoded direct to the SD7's internal recorder. I turned down the level 1 or 2 clicks.

https://app.box.com/s/m2prkc9bi2lin26kd904n0trc6gafu56

#494753 - 04/16/20 04:05 PM Re: SD7 - just buttons and fingers [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
waiting for that
Organ solo

Here's one with the organ ... running into some things good, and some not so good .... you'll notice the drums in the last verse (2:15) take an unusually long fill to turn around, and at the very end they (drums) actually hiccup (2:48) when I switch from Rhodes to Organ for the last chord. These are things I'm hoping more processing power will eliminate in the upgrades. Some sounds are more memory intense than others, and I need to find, and identify the memory hogs so I know to treat them more gently when making fast changes. Still not happy with the balance - my mindset is in living room mode, and I just can't give it my full attention till I have an audience for play off of. This was recoded direct to the SD7's internal recorder. I turned down the level 1 or 2 clicks.

https://app.box.com/s/m2prkc9bi2lin26kd904n0trc6gafu56

No excuse needed Dave..
Sounds good thanx for posting...
Would like to hear the same song on your sx900 as a comparison?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online