SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#494453 - 04/13/20 11:52 AM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By DonM
If the SD7 were shorter and key touch lighter I would have kept it.

I too wish it were shorter, but I DO like the keys (a lot). I have come to the conclusion that no one makes what I want, so I've decided to make a pro/con list of all the most important things I want at my fingertips ... and it's the SD60. If there were NO SD60, I'd make myself happy with the SD7, but since the turbo model is out, that's the holy grail for me ... for now. If Korg puts a true 4x engine with the same keybed, in a cabinet with speakers .... I'll have to make another P/C list.
For now ... this is me dance2

#494454 - 04/13/20 11:56 AM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

so what does the sd60 give you that the sd7 does not?

#494465 - 04/13/20 12:49 PM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: Uncle Dave]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Dave,

Much appreciated and although indeed somewhat hot on the vocals it is definitely a great song rendered in a great way. Guess it is part of your regulars ?
At the risk of over asking, when you are in either Mike or Voicetron mode where you get to Equaliser, it there says VIEW and then gives the EQ settings you have been using. Could you do me a screenshot of those too please ? Much obliged !!
Looks to me that the SD60 is just a matter of time before it gets to the Boyd place, I guess it sure is the right place to go to. Perhaps Don you should consider one as well ???!!!

regards,
John

#494469 - 04/13/20 01:08 PM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: john smies]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Too long, keytouch too heavy, too expensive, not working right now, happy with EA7 for now.
When we get through all this, I'll look at the new Korg, which will probably be out after Italy returns to work. But I most likely won't like the keys on it either. Actually, it's not that I don't like them; it's that they hurt my fingers and wrists after a few hours.
If I were to return to Ketron, it would have to be a module, and I prefer all in one arranger.

#494479 - 04/13/20 01:33 PM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

... in a word - Horsepower. That's the main reason. I want the best operating system available for such a complex beast. I haven't heard the live guitars, but I'm guessing they will be a welcome addition as well. I plan to push this instrument to it's limits on stage, so I want he strongest tools available. The SD7 is operating at, or very near it's maximum potential - I want headroom.

#494481 - 04/13/20 01:35 PM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj

... in a word - Horsepower. That's the main reason. I want the best operating system available for such a complex beast. I haven't heard the live guitars, but I'm guessing they will be a welcome addition as well. I plan to push this instrument to it's limits on stage, so I want he strongest tools available. The SD7 is operating at, or very near it's maximum potential - I want headroom.

That makes a lot of sense Dave. I know it's not your "bag" but those new Country styles AJ did are really good. I helped, by the way. smile

#494483 - 04/13/20 01:40 PM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: john smies]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By john smies
EQ settings you have been using. Could you do me a screenshot of those too please ?

Sure - as you can see, the Main mic is a stock preset (hi fi), and I mostly just reduced the bass on the vocalizer to thin it out a bit.

Attachments
IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

#494484 - 04/13/20 01:41 PM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: john smies]
DonM Offline

Dave, your mic e.q. is totally flat. Most people overuse the e.q.

#494485 - 04/13/20 01:43 PM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: john smies]
Uncle Dave Offline

Yes - I remember changing a few Q values, but the levels are all at 12 O'clock. I've only scratched the surface of the mic settings. I think I changed the values, and resaved it for future tweaks.

#494507 - 04/13/20 04:25 PM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: DonM]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By DonM
Enjoyed the recording Dave. Mix wasn't bad, except some of it was pretty hot. If the SD7 were shorter and key touch lighter I would have kept it.
Tried SD40, but I prefer all-in-one setup. Sure sounds good though.

I have a keyboard stand that slides under a custom table to maximize space. This is exactly the reason I don't have an SD7 (other than I don't need it). The extra 6 inches makes it too big to slide under (no dirty jokes please :)).

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online