SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#493816 - 04/06/20 08:31 AM Re: Just passing the time [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
chas ... I very much enjoyed this ... a little more echo on the horn and I would have thought it was Botti ... saw him live in RI a few years ago ... after the show they were selling CDs in the lobby, but he paid a lot of attention to the people - talking and taking photos, signing autographs, etc. ... very personable ...

I had read John C's post before I heard the song and I was thinking "that sounds like the 'Funny Valentine' progression" ... of course it's also the "Masquerade" progression and who knows how many more ...

Again, I really enjoy your playing and interpretations ...
Thank you

And PLEASE do whatever is necessary to not fall to the grip of depression... get out, go for a walk, do sit-ups, do flight simulation, whatever, but do it ...

Edited by tony mads usa (04/06/20 08:33 AM)

#493824 - 04/06/20 11:35 AM Re: Just passing the time [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
One of my all time favorite songs from one of my all time favorite people.

R.

#493825 - 04/06/20 11:41 AM Re: Just passing the time [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Thanks Paul and Tony. I guess we (SZ members) should be grateful that neither us or our immediate family has yet contracted this horrible disease. Since most of us fall into the 'vulnerable' category (by age), it is more important than ever for us to follow ALL of the safety guidelines. Let's all be guided by science alone and remember that this virus couldn't care less about your ideology or political leanings. Eat healthy and by all means, GET SOME EXCERCISE! (and that doesn't mean practicing for the LUGE in your Barcalounger smile ).

chas

#493826 - 04/06/20 11:46 AM Re: Just passing the time [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By cgiles
GET SOME EXCERCISE! (and that doesn't mean practicing for the LUGE in your Barcalounger

My first smile today
coffee

#493829 - 04/06/20 11:53 AM Re: Just passing the time [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks Paul and Tony. I guess we (SZ members) should be grateful that neither us or our immediate family has yet contracted this horrible disease. Since most of us fall into the 'vulnerable' category (by age), it is more important than ever for us to follow ALL of the safety guidelines. Let's all be guided by science alone and remember that this virus couldn't care less about your ideology or political leanings. Eat healthy and by all means, GET SOME EXCERCISE! (and that doesn't mean practicing for the LUGE in your Barcalounger smile ).

chas

Loved the song. You sure do play GUUUD.
My son's wife is a nurse. Others in her office have tested positive. She woke up with fever yesterday and will be tested today. She and my son are young and healthy and I'm sure they will be fine, even if they catch it.
Another son lives with us. He was at their house last week. Hoping he didn't bring it back with him.

#493831 - 04/06/20 11:58 AM Re: Just passing the time [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

chas

+++1 to ALL points ...

#493832 - 04/06/20 11:59 AM Re: Just passing the time [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By DonM

Loved the song. You sure do play GUUUD.
My son's wife is a nurse. Others in her office have tested positive. She woke up with fever yesterday and will be tested today. She and my son are young and healthy and I'm sure they will be fine, even if they catch it.
Another son lives with us. He was at their house last week. Hoping he didn't bring it back with him.

Don, your family is in our prayers ...

#493833 - 04/06/20 12:10 PM Re: Just passing the time [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Wow Don....and that's the scary thing about this particular disease, the innocent and unsuspecting transmission of this thing because of it's ability to be transmitted by a totally asymptomatic person. Young or not, your daughter-in-law's situation is cause for alarm (alarm....not panic) and I'm sure you know that all your friends here at SZ are hoping for the best possible outcome. We usually want our families around during times like this but now, with this virus, we are forced to keep our distance. Jeez, let's hope this thing is over soon.

chas

#493836 - 04/06/20 12:53 PM Re: Just passing the time [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Don, Wishing your family the best and prayers are coming your way.

#493838 - 04/06/20 01:15 PM Re: Just passing the time [Re: cgiles]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Don - sorry to hear about that situation - it is indeed a very scary time for all of us. Godspeed and may God bless you and your extended family throughout this tumultuous time in our lives.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online