SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#493450 - 04/02/20 01:31 PM Re: OT recording [Re: Bernie9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Bernie
For one shot recordings,I assume a keyboard is easiest,and unsure if the Tascam is necessary,except overdubbing,multi track etc.
Bernie

And therein lies the difference, Bernie ...

#493464 - 04/02/20 04:15 PM Re: OT recording [Re: Bernie9]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Jim
I will be interested also,as I have a never used Tascam DP01FX/CD. With time on my hands,I had thought of dabbling with it. For one shot recordings,I assume a keyboard is easiest,and unsure if the Tascam is necessary,except overdubbing,multi track etc.

Bernie

Bernie, go for it! Why not? I've done a lot of this in the past, putting in my own harmonies is so much fun and realistic (I just don't care for VHs).

Thank you all too, t, Harold, Donny, Gary. After my DOA I bought, this was definitely a real blessing.

Sure is fun to feel like a kid again smile Not many of those days left.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#493475 - 04/02/20 08:24 PM Re: OT recording [Re: zuki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Hi Zuki, I have a spanking brand new Tascam 32SD which I bought on a whim on a MF SDOTD. I even bought the remote footswitch for it. Tried it for a couple of hours and quickly decided that I much preferred computer multi-track recording. I use an Alesis I/O26 which with my two 8ch ADAT units and my 20ch digital mixer with SPDIF I/O gives me a total of 34 inputs into REAPER. System is old but crystal clear and works flawlessly. It's complimented with tons of VST's, VSTi's, etc. for very sophisticated sound processing.

As I recall, Tascam left off some of the 24's features when they produced the '32. Most old experienced Tascam users seemed to prefer the DP24 to the DP32 and suddenly the '24 became very hard to find, so you're very lucky to get one. Good luck with it. They're all easy to use once you get used to them and develop your own workflow around them.

chas

#493483 - 04/03/20 07:20 AM Re: OT recording [Re: zuki]
zuki Offline

Wow Chas, your list keeps growing - you truly are a gear junky smile

I'm more comfortable with stand alone recorders and couldn't pass up a beautiful (really like new) DP24CD. The unit was the only one for sale in the country that had the burner onboard. The seller was fantastic too.

eBay sided with me on my return of the DOA unit I bought 2 weeks ago. What a seller jerk - OMG. When I opened that unit she sent, it reeked so bad of cigarette smoke, my wife made me take it outside. My house still stinks!

Anyway.....more ahead smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#493487 - 04/03/20 07:47 AM Re: OT recording [Re: zuki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By zuki
Wow Chas, your list keeps growing - you truly are a gear junky smile

Actually more of an compulsive shopper/impulse buyer. I also get bored easily so my initial excitement is usually very short-lived smile smile.

chas

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online