SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#493390 - 04/02/20 03:17 AM Hold On to Let Go - Cover Version
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Got inspired by Uncle Dave's performances on Facebook. Would not dare to go live myself but just recorded a cover of the Brand new song by Dutch singer-songwriter Danny Vera who is from my neck of the woods. Included a link to his own rendering of this great new song, to which obviously I cannot hold a candle......

regards,
John

https://youtu.be/pxZGVX1OwxU

#493401 - 04/02/20 06:29 AM Re: Hold On to Let Go - Cover Version [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

nice job John...cello is a nice touch also.

Edited by Dnj (04/02/20 06:43 AM)

#493403 - 04/02/20 06:45 AM Re: Hold On to Let Go - Cover Version [Re: john smies]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
That was really good John. Nice clear and crisp vocals and guitar. Just curious, did you add the strings after you recorded the guitar and vocal or were you playing along to prerecorded strings? Either way, very good rendition and thanks for sharing.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#493404 - 04/02/20 06:58 AM Re: Hold On to Let Go - Cover Version [Re: montunoman]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By montunoman
That was really good John. Nice clear and crisp vocals and guitar. Just curious, did you add the strings after you recorded the guitar and vocal or were you playing along to prerecorded strings? Either way, very good rendition and thanks for sharing.

Thanks Donny, Thanks Paul.

I recorded the guitar and vocals live and afterwards added the cello on the SD7. The audio all went into Mixcraft. My missus filmed the recording with her mobile and that video went into Mixcraft as well, where I replaced the audio phone feed with the direct recordings thru my soundcard.......

regards
John

#493405 - 04/02/20 07:07 AM Re: Hold On to Let Go - Cover Version [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By john smies
Originally Posted By montunoman

Thanks Donny, Thanks Paul.

I recorded the guitar and vocals live and afterwards added the cello on the SD7. The audio all went into Mixcraft. My missus filmed the recording with her mobile and that video went into Mixcraft as well, where I replaced the audio phone feed with the direct recordings thru my soundcard.......

regards
John

Multitracking is my preference for recording
so much more can be done that way..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online