SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#492642 - 03/24/20 05:18 PM Re: Greetings and a request... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott, I seriously doubt the quality of Skype or an Android Tablet will be to the level you would prefer. You would need a relatively high quality video camera with direct and controllable inputs for the audio to get the kind of results you could post on You Tube.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#493186 - 03/30/20 08:55 AM Re: Greetings and a request... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Hey guys, thanks for the responses...

There's seems to be no "one size fits all" remedy for the situation many of us find ourselves in right now.

I looked into buying a couple of nice cameras and a switcher and then trying to stream my performance but the learning curve for me with this kind of equipment and on the client end of things the "soup to nuts" world of a broad variety of tv's and technology kills that idea for me.

I struggle with learning the new gear and the whole idea just isn't going to work.

Many residents have smartphones and are familiar with Facebook. I may keep this is as simple as possible and Facebook live some performances for whoever wants to find me on FB.

Stay safe!

Edited by Bill in Dayton (03/30/20 09:16 AM)

#493187 - 03/30/20 09:03 AM Re: Greetings and a request... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hey good luck. Post links to your Facebook live performances. I sure would like to see them!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#493188 - 03/30/20 09:14 AM Re: Greetings and a request... [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Same here ...
Good luck, Bill

#493189 - 03/30/20 09:16 AM Re: Greetings and a request... [Re: Scott Langholff]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Hey Scott - Sorry for the delay in responding.

Per my other just posted comment on this thread, my original idea just seems undoable for me right now. If I was a wiz with cameras and editing video, that would only get me halfway home because so many different facilities have different and sometimes really old equipment which may not even be compatible. Further complicating things is the need for someone (but not us) inside the facility to connect everything so people could watch it and unless they have in-house broadcasting capability, that's ANOTHER hurdle to jump.

As I said, I'm going to keep this as simple as I can and facebook live myself and invite anyone who wants to drop in and enjoy it.

I think that's the easiest that I can come up with for everybody. Not worried about getting paid so much. I feel very badly for these residents - and several clients have reached out communicating that I'm missed and the residents are restless and more anxious than usual.

Florida has more than three times the cases we do here in Ohio, so I can't imagine how rough it is down there.

Stay safe, bud!

#493191 - 03/30/20 09:31 AM Re: Greetings and a request... [Re: montunoman]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Thanks, Paul... smile

#493192 - 03/30/20 09:31 AM Re: Greetings and a request... [Re: tony mads usa]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Thanks, Tony!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online