SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#493154 - 03/29/20 03:42 PM Joe Diffie Dies
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Age 61 of complications with Coronavirus.

#493158 - 03/29/20 05:14 PM Re: Joe Diffie Dies [Re: btweengigs]
Dnj Offline

RIP so sad

#493159 - 03/29/20 05:36 PM Re: Joe Diffie Dies [Re: btweengigs]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Great writer and performer. I guess his ship came in and I hope they propped him up beside the jukebox as he requested. I'm not being mean or disrespectful, just appreciating some of his many contributions to country music. I do many, if not most, of his songs.
RIP Joe.
I'm afraid John Prine may be next as he is in critical condition on respirator. Also Jan Howard died from the virus and of course The Gambler. We may be just seeing the tip of the iceberg.
I'm praying for a cure and a vaccine soon. Doctors and researchers around the world are working on it.

#493160 - 03/29/20 05:52 PM Re: Joe Diffie Dies [Re: btweengigs]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don I read that they (Medics), are trying to get donated blood from folks that recovered from corona virus.. apparently if your body fights off the virus your immune system will prevent you from ever getting it again. Techs say they can create a vaccine from this donated blood.

#493162 - 03/29/20 06:06 PM Re: Joe Diffie Dies [Re: Fran Carango]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Don I read that they (Medics), are trying to get donated blood from folks that recovered from corona virus.. apparently if your body fights off the virus your immune system will prevent you from ever getting it again. Techs say they can create a vaccine from this donated blood.

Many projects attacking it from many different ways. I have faith there will be a breakthrough very soon.

#493167 - 03/29/20 07:03 PM Re: Joe Diffie Dies [Re: btweengigs]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Oh no not John Prine..he has been through so much recently. One of a kind.

#493179 - 03/30/20 06:35 AM Re: Joe Diffie Dies [Re: Fran Carango]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango

As I wrote in the Bar, this is a passive vaccination, actually it was already used during the Spanish flu in 1918 in a basic form.
The side effect of this method can be that the immune system overreacts, which would worsen the condition, but there is quite a chance it will help some of the worst cases...

#493180 - 03/30/20 06:38 AM Re: Joe Diffie Dies [Re: DonM]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By DonM

I'm afraid John Prine may be next as he is in critical condition on respirator. Also Jan Howard died from the virus and of course The Gambler. We may be just seeing the tip of the iceberg.
I'm praying for a cure and a vaccine soon. Doctors and researchers around the world are working on it.

I'm not seeing any conformation that Jan Howard or Kenny Rogers died of coronavirus. Perhaps someone has some information on that.

#493194 - 03/30/20 09:51 AM Re: Joe Diffie Dies [Re: btweengigs]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If I recall correctly, Kenny Rogers died of congestive heart failure brought on by dehydration.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#493200 - 03/30/20 10:46 AM Re: Joe Diffie Dies [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
Originally Posted By DonM

I'm not seeing any conformation that Jan Howard or Kenny Rogers died of coronavirus. Perhaps someone has some information on that.

True. Kenny died of heart failure. Jan was 91 and had problems; cause of death not announced. Sorry, didn't mean to panic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online