SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#492838 - 03/26/20 06:08 PM Re: SD7 impressions .... after many years away [Re: Dnj]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
There is a difference in the sound quality between synth/workstation and organ, and I mean the ketron sounds remind me of an organ level, while the GENOS is more like a synth, although it is not yet at the level of for example MONTAGE.
The fact that sd7 sounds more live I like it ,because it reminds me of the era In which I played in bands.
all I'm talking about is the sound quality. I know that some of my friends don't matter that much and they keep on saying that the audience doesn't understand or notice anyway, and even if that is true,] to me it is important and also to some of the audience who feel the difference just can't explain it in professional terms.

Edited by dud (03/26/20 06:11 PM)

#492858 - 03/27/20 01:19 AM Re: SD7 impressions .... after many years away [Re: dud]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By dud
There is a difference in the sound quality between synth/workstation and organ, and I mean the ketron sounds remind me of an organ level, while the GENOS is more like a synth, although it is not yet at the level of for example MONTAGE.
The fact that sd7 sounds more live I like it ,because it reminds me of the era In which I played in bands.
all I'm talking about is the sound quality. I know that some of my friends don't matter that much and they keep on saying that the audience doesn't understand or notice anyway, and even if that is true,] to me it is important and also to some of the audience who feel the difference just can't explain it in professional terms.

David,

Each to his own. I don't care what people say but I have never ever heard any Yamaha arranger keyboard that does not sound like a KEYBOARD. The Genos is a great ( and expensive) piece of equipment) and I would love to have some of its excellent sounds on my Ketron SD7. Other than that the SD7 is hard to distinguish for the average listener from a true band, and I guess that is a fact. In the end it all comes down to taste and purposes. If you like making CD like quality productions, let alone if you are not a singer, I would always go for Yamaha.
If you are an entertainer and a singer on top of it I would always go for Ketron. Korg sits in the middle of all this I guess....

regards
John

#492872 - 03/27/20 07:57 AM Re: SD7 impressions .... after many years away [Re: john smies]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By john smies
If you like making CD like quality productions, let alone if you are not a singer, I would always go for Yamaha.
If you are an entertainer and a singer on top of it I would always go for Ketron. Korg sits in the middle of all this I guess....

This is my camp, too. Well said, John.

#492874 - 03/27/20 08:01 AM Re: SD7 impressions .... after many years away [Re: zuki]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
Originally Posted By Bachus

I have info the perfect arranger is comming later this year from Italy...
It was meant to be introduced at Musikmesse, and no, its not a Ketron.

My Korg is made in Italy - I hope it's that brand...….what do you think Bachus???

People claim to have seen the new keyboard in korg factories in spring 2019.. sound design was being done back then..

Its aclaimed to be the follow up of the pa4x series.. probably have a brand new name..

Its expected to have someengines from Kronos, atleast those engines used in their grandstage (also made in italy) the piano and the dp engines. The AL1 virtual analogue, 3 organ engine (b3, farfisa, vox) .. an advanced version of their sample ingine from the pa4x that is also compatible with HD1 kronos sample sounds. And possibly an FM and a wavetable engine..

Personally i am hoping there will be a new drum engine inside ,... including drum pads..
and also some things leased from ketron like launchpad and a songplayer with both midi as well as audio tracks..
Next to the sliders it should also have knobs...

If you read back on korg forums, you will see where this info is comming from..

But then with Corona in Italy blowing out of proportions, it could take quite some time before we see this...

My best bet is, they will push it when live continous to normal after corona..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#492876 - 03/27/20 08:22 AM Re: SD7 impressions .... after many years away [Re: Bachus]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Bachus,

who cares??!!
This is a thread, and a constructive one to boot, about the Ketron SD7.
Get a life !!!

John

#492877 - 03/27/20 08:29 AM Re: SD7 impressions .... after many years away [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By john smies
Bachus,

who cares??!!
This is a thread, and a constructive one to boot, about the Ketron SD7.
Get a life !!!

John

+1

#492886 - 03/27/20 09:16 AM Re: SD7 impressions .... after many years away [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
What the heck is going on here?!?
I really think people are getting cabin fever and need to do something physical to release some pent up emotions rather than hastily (MY opinion) writing their thoughts here ...
As I see it, Bachus first stated that Ketron sounds great, then voiced his opinion about using modules and stuff - which quite frankly is foreign to me because I'm just a simple AKB player -
Then zuki asked Bachus' opinion on something and Bachus answered ... In what way does that deserve the comments that followed???

TAKE A CHILL PILL FOLKS !!! and read and RE-read what you write BEFORE you post it !!!

PS: It's not the first time and won't be the last that a topic has strayed off a bit, and we are ALL guilty of that to some extent ...

Edited by tony mads usa (03/27/20 09:18 AM)
Edit Reason: add PS

#492888 - 03/27/20 09:19 AM Re: SD7 impressions .... after many years away [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
*** read and RE-read what you write BEFORE you post it !!!

Trying to follow this great advice, myself. Just breathe .......

#492890 - 03/27/20 09:26 AM Re: SD7 impressions .... after many years away [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

It is going to be a VERY LONG While before this is over
and if ever back to what we once knew as normal.
This is an opportunity to really DIG IN and work on your Music,
playing skills, singing, recording, setups, studio redecorating, memorizing songs, and so many other things musically.
This ain't going away for a long time why not make it productive.
Wake up, eat, music, dinner,TV, sleep,....rinse and repeat.
Stay home stay safe.

Attachments
91076842_10158453355282650_2323946738747965440_n.jpg

#492894 - 03/27/20 09:41 AM Re: SD7 impressions .... after many years away [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
No one knows HOW LONG, and yes, it MAY be very long ...

And no, I don't think we will get back to what has been 'normal' for us pretty much all our lives, but every generation has adjusted to a 'new normal' of one type or another - remember when there was no such thing as the internet or 'smart' phones?, and we will adjust after this also ...

As to the rest of the message, I will give a +++1 ...

PLEASANT thoughts, everyone ...

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online