SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#492701 - 03/25/20 03:06 PM hired for outside at AL
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
The AD at a high end AL facility where I perform once or more each month called me and suggested I play outside the front entrance where people can sit outside or hear me inside as to the right of the entrance is the dining room and straight on in is the atrium where I usually play. There people can even listen going up some floors as they do when I play inside. I will probably be under the front overhang.

I had thought of this possibility but had not yet pursued the idea. As you can expect she said the residents are going nuts with the lockdown.

Should be fun and safe for all.

Scott

#492702 - 03/25/20 03:08 PM Re: hired for outside at AL [Re: Scott Langholff]
Dnj Offline

Stay home...! stop
It's not worth it.
Not worth your Life
or your family...
For a few stinkin' dollars..? eek2

Edited by Dnj (03/25/20 04:05 PM)

#492709 - 03/25/20 03:34 PM Re: hired for outside at AL [Re: Scott Langholff]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Florida seems to be much less strict with their interpretation of "shelter in place". My parents are down there now, and Mom went to a CRAFT SHOP TODAY to buy yarn. WTAF????? I guess each state makes their own determinations of severity, and restrictions that apply, but geeze - it seems the rest of the country is restricted to food shopping and medical visits, and my crazy mom is buying craft items.

#492711 - 03/25/20 03:39 PM Re: hired for outside at AL [Re: Scott Langholff]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'd do it. You'll be outside and not in contact with anyone. The virus doesn't travel through the air unless somebody sneezes on you.
The residents will love it and you'll be doing a service while earning some money.
Have them pay you electronically if possible. If not wash just wash your hands after you handle the money or paper.

#492712 - 03/25/20 03:48 PM Re: hired for outside at AL [Re: Scott Langholff]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I performed outdoors many times at an upscale retirement community, and while they had seating outdoors as well for the residents, they could clearly hear be indoors at the adjacent 60 seat nite club of the facility. I performed close to the entrance, which was a large, double door entry, and the outdoor seating was on the adjacent patio where the residents were at least 50 or more feet away. Fortunately, I had the Bose L1 system while reached everyone in the vicinity.

Good luck, Scott,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#492714 - 03/25/20 03:48 PM Re: hired for outside at AL [Re: Scott Langholff]
Happy Birthday montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Seems safe to me too., especially with the warm Florida air temperature. Just my uninformed opinion. I’m no medical doctor but I play one on the internet smile

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#492715 - 03/25/20 03:49 PM Re: hired for outside at AL [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By DonM
The virus doesn't travel through the air unless somebody sneezes on you.

I've heard the exact opposite on the news ... if you can believe the news.

#492718 - 03/25/20 03:52 PM Re: hired for outside at AL [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Florida corona virus cases near 1,500 as 55 more cases announced.
Death toll rises to 20

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241455616.html

Edited by Dnj (03/25/20 04:03 PM)

#492719 - 03/25/20 03:54 PM Re: hired for outside at AL [Re: Scott Langholff]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave, at best, a sneeze can carry the bugs about 6 to 8 feet, after which time, if outdoors and exposed to sunlight, the UV rays would quickly kill them. This is, and has been well documented for many, many years. Those bugs just don't float around for eternity.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#492724 - 03/25/20 04:19 PM Re: hired for outside at AL [Re: travlin'easy]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
We're talking about people being very spread out over a large indoor and outdoor area. I will not allow anyone to get close to me and I'm sure the residents have already been warned about physical distancing. I am not concerned in the least about my health or that of the residents in this case.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online