SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#492208 - 03/20/20 12:23 PM Re: Please All SZ'ers - Take The Pledge!! [Re: saxxman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Did you hear about the guy who left his accordion in the car? When he came back the window was broken out and there were TWO accordions in the car. DRUM ROLL<CYMBAL CRASH

#492210 - 03/20/20 01:00 PM Re: Please All SZ'ers - Take The Pledge!! [Re: cgiles]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Funny.....and yet, if I, chas, had posted it, a certain member would be in a straightjacket, frothing at the mouth. Personal, you think?

chas

No, not personal at all. Tony PLAYED the accordion....you didn't. That's your difference!

#492211 - 03/20/20 01:06 PM Re: Please All SZ'ers - Take The Pledge!! [Re: saxxman]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I have enough trouble when the keybed is horizontal! :-)
My wife had one when she was young, I asked here if she wanted another one and to play again...you don't even want to know her response!

#492212 - 03/20/20 01:10 PM Re: Please All SZ'ers - Take The Pledge!! [Re: saxxman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Ooooh! So you have to have played one to kid about one. So Don, tell us about your accordion history. 'No, not personal at all'. Gee Mark, at your age I guess it's too late to say 'grow up'. I'm still trying to make the connection between French Musette music and Jerry Lee Lewis. Did Jerry play accordion?..or is there a part of French Musette music that incorporates barrelhouse piano? Curious minds want to know.

chas

#492213 - 03/20/20 01:29 PM Re: Please All SZ'ers - Take The Pledge!! [Re: cgiles]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Ooooh! So you have to have played one to kid about one. So Don, tell us about your accordion history. 'No, not personal at all'. Gee Mark, at your age I guess it's too late to say 'grow up'. I'm still trying to make the connection between French Musette music and Jerry Lee Lewis. Did Jerry play accordion?..or is there a part of French Musette music that incorporates barrelhouse piano? Curious minds want to know.

chas

I sent Chas an accordion to learn and Mark's musette recording.. about 3 months ago.. He never returned the accordion, but did return the musette recording the next day. smile

So Chas doesn't have a problem with the accordion grin

JUST KIDDING!!!! I don't want to be on that list with Chas's name shocked

PS: I have enough problems with Donny and Dave smile

Edited by Fran Carango (03/20/20 01:30 PM)

#492214 - 03/20/20 01:41 PM Re: Please All SZ'ers - Take The Pledge!! [Re: saxxman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Too late Fran. You're already on Nigel's Fecal Roster (AKA Sh.t list) smile smile. BTW, I was going to come up for a visit but now, with 'social distancing', I have to keep at least 600 miles distance from you. Maybe when this virus stuff is all over, we can collaborate on a 'BENNY-FIT' concert for Benny (Cintioli).

smile

chas

PS: Stop stirring the pot smile smile.

#492261 - 03/20/20 06:00 PM Re: Please All SZ'ers - Take The Pledge!! [Re: saxxman]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my accordion days! My Dad had one and when I discovered it one long and boring teen-summer, I was hooked! That thing became an appendage which I carried around like a Kangaroo carries a pup (err... a Joey). laugh HA HA.

I'm sure some of the neighbors might have wished I HAD been a Kangaroo instead of a roving Accordionist. I'm sure they all had "Dark Eyes" and "Irish Eyes are Smiling" committed to their memories and they welcomed the end of summer. Still have fond memories of those days.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#492266 - 03/20/20 09:11 PM Re: Please All SZ'ers - Take The Pledge!! [Re: saxxman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I hear ya, Randy ... when I practiced those songs I was in my bedroom which was in the back of the house ... when I was playing RnR, I played in the living room which was in the front of the house. When the weather was good, I would have the door and windows open ... We had a cute 16 year old blond living next door and she would sit on her porch and listen ... She actually asked me to learn Conway Twitty's "It's Only Make Believe" ... we had a 'thing' going for a while, but her being Baptist, and me a Catholic didn't sit well with her parents, so it didn't last long ...
Hmmm I wonder if the song was an omen ... wink

PS: I wrote my first song over that breakup ...

#492363 - 03/21/20 11:16 AM Re: Please All SZ'ers - Take The Pledge!! [Re: saxxman]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
So many instruments, so much talent, so many emotions....so little time!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online