SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#492306 - 03/21/20 07:01 AM Re: A good time to re-explore old gear [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Yes, but I think it totally depends on the outlook of the individual ... I look at it like " wow, was I ever fortunate to have lived that life with many really good musicians" ... Far more people have never experienced that ...

Tony and that fact could lead to depression also...
not experiencing it as a live player.

#492323 - 03/21/20 07:49 AM Re: A good time to re-explore old gear [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
ANYTHING can lead to depression if we allow it to ...
I worked with a guy who used to say "There are people who would complain about a paid holiday" ... life is largely what you make it ...

#492350 - 03/21/20 09:07 AM Re: A good time to re-explore old gear [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

Yeah, and I think we're witnessing that right now. Put up a post about the pleasure of re-discovering some of the things that excited you in the past and SOMEHOW, SOMEONE will find a way to turn it into something negative. Maybe not posting 200 times a day might leave enough time to enjoy some of the good things life has to offer. Just sayin'.

chas

#492353 - 03/21/20 10:21 AM Re: A good time to re-explore old gear [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles

Yeah, and I think we're witnessing that right now. Put up a post about the pleasure of re-discovering some of the things that excited you in the past and SOMEHOW, SOMEONE will find a way to turn it into something negative. Maybe not posting 200 times a day might leave enough time to enjoy some of the good things life has to offer. Just sayin'.

chas

Chas you should join with jerry in the forum police force ....
give me a break..I didn't know I had to think like you too..

Edited by Dnj (03/21/20 10:25 AM)

#492359 - 03/21/20 10:52 AM Re: A good time to re-explore old gear [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mine is simple, if I am not using it, out it goes -- to make room for the new whatever. I stayed with Technics a long time, they always gave me something to look forward to. I ordered the new model before they were ready to start shipping.

Depression, naw, now that I have learned that I can be in control of what I think. A troubled man, lost his wife, legs not feeling great, keyboard stopped working, both his mother and father were gone, this guy has a right to be depressed. But wait, the mail comes and won a rather large Lotto sum. Depression just went out the window. His view just changed; he became happy.

Hmmm, when I lost my wife in 1994, I was depressed, big time. After two weeks I decided this had to end. I printed 6 sheets with my blessings on them:
my children were healthy
living well
had enough money
house was paid off
I was feeling good, and my friends were all over me.

I put a sheet in all my rooms. The bathroom had a sheet right in front of me when I was sitting.

Just saying, again, John C.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online