SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#49209 - 11/04/03 09:02 AM Re: Kn 7000 or the Tyros
tonkan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I've tried the KN7000 and I think it's a very good board in many areas . However what makes me hesitate compared to the Tyros is mainly two things.
There is almost no support for the KN7000. I don't know of any commercial or free styles developed for the 7000.
The 7000 doesn't have a music finder similair to Yamaha. The technics music database is not near as useful.

Another extremely strange thing, especially for organ players like me, is that Technics claim it to have easy pedal board support and it have midi pedal input. However the 7000 doesn't have any manual bass funcion and it doesn't have a bass part selector with the L, R1, R2 selectors. Also the drawbars and tabs can not be used for the bass part. How to use it as an three manual organ in an easy and simple way?
Technics this is really stupid !!!

#49210 - 11/04/03 11:02 AM Re: Kn 7000 or the Tyros
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
tonkan:
There is almost no support for the KN7000. I don't know of any commercial or free styles developed for the 7000. T
The 7000 doesn't have a music finder similair to Yamaha. The technics music database is not near as useful.

Another extremely strange thing, especially for organ players like me, is that Technics claim it to have easy pedal board support and it have midi pedal input. However the 7000 doesn't have any manual bass funcion and it doesn't have a bass part selector with the L, R1, R2 selectors. Also the drawbars and tabs can not be used for the bass part. How to use it as an three manual organ in an easy and simple way?

Hi, I got my bass pedals a mont or two ago. You can assign any sound to the pedals, then save them in the panel memory, as you would save the rest of your set up.

I can set up 80 panel registration in a short period on my Kn7--I am still struggling trying to do the same with my Tyros. It is not as friendly. But do I like the keyboard.

Styles and sequences are much easier to create on the KN7.

If you are an organ player, I feel you must sit with both instruments. IMHO, your decision will come quickly. There is a big difference between both keyboards for the organ player.

Tonkan, It's a good size investment, take all the facts and opinoins you are given lightly. Go hear, go listen--only then will you be comfortable, will you be happy, will you have made the best decision for Tonkan.

Enjoy, John C.

#49211 - 11/04/03 11:13 AM Re: Kn 7000 or the Tyros

KN 7000 or Tyros

I know I keep answering these type of questions because I've been there so often looking for someone to give me that info that will make my decision.

I have said this before; You gather all the facts---study them carefully--then put them away. Now, you make your final decision--which is almost always an emotional one. The facts do help, but the emotions decide.

And talking about keyboards is fun--we love em, it's gotta be fun.

Enjoy the day, it's what we got, John C.

#49212 - 11/10/03 05:48 PM Re: Kn 7000 or the Tyros
jm_bogey Offline

Loc: Montreal,QC, Canada
Always the same question !!!!

What is the best ???
It depend on you ONLY.

I used to have Technics product since more than 12 years. I changed for Yamaha two month ago. Not because it is the best !
Just to have something realy different, after all those years ...

That's all !!!

#49213 - 11/10/03 06:29 PM Re: Kn 7000 or the Tyros

I used to have Technics product since more than 12 years. I changed for Yamaha two month ago. Not because it is the best !

Jim, You are so right--just to have something different. I totaly agree.
A different look, a different system, and all these changes, do add to your knowledge and playing.

John C.

#49214 - 11/11/03 02:17 AM Re: Kn 7000 or the Tyros
Bluebird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jm_bogey:

Well, Jim, and now when you changed to yamaha, now when you may compare both, what do you think?
What would be your option if you would have to select only a kb?
and why?

What is the better for helping people here? IMO it's not to say: Technics is better, or Yamaha is better.
Nor to say: I don't know, guy, it is your problem: try both kbs, listen them, and select yourself.
People knows nobody is going to select for them. But the most important help here would be: give an honest (subjective, yes, but honest) opinion about pros and cons of both kbs. Then, people will select, of course.

#49215 - 11/11/03 06:12 AM Re: Kn 7000 or the Tyros
jm_bogey Offline

Loc: Montreal,QC, Canada
Hi,

For me the Technics have overall better sound. Poor Midi playback. Too long loading time (floppy), equal loading time with SD.

Yamaha have very good operating system and good style to fit with all the song I play.
Flash memory could be use for everything instead of just "Custom" part.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online