SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#491978 - 03/19/20 06:30 AM Re: More bad news for entertainers! [Re: Fran Carango]
zuki Offline

I lied, I did too 'cause I thought Nigel was going to put me in "time out"

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#491985 - 03/19/20 08:01 AM Re: More bad news for entertainers! [Re: Fran Carango]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
I'm getting a $20,000 check ...since I voted for him...and also the next election. smile

I don't care what Nigel says.. grin

FINALLY, the cat is out of the bag !!!
For many years now I have been wondering why this old man smile has been extolling the virtues of an arranger keyboard that gradually is demanding its space in a museum and not only that but maintaining it is still the best or at least one of the very best arranger keyboards around....
Delusional ?
Don't know about that but he voted for TRUMP and believe it or not , he is going to vote TRUMP again.
Puzzle solved, me thinks....... smile smile

regards
John

#491986 - 03/19/20 08:14 AM Re: More bad news for entertainers! [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
I would be happy they canceled the jobs. Can you imagine showing up for a job with 150 possible carriers of something I wanted no part of.
At this time, it is better to be at home, count your blessings.
Just saying, John C.

I would of SELF CANCELLED immediately if I was still active.

Edited by Dnj (03/19/20 08:14 AM)

#492005 - 03/19/20 10:07 AM Re: More bad news for entertainers! [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By bruno123
I would be happy they canceled the jobs. Can you imagine showing up for a job with 150 possible carriers of something I wanted no part of.
At this time, it is better to be at home, count your blessings.
Just saying, John C.

I would of SELF CANCELLED immediately if I was still active.

Hi Donny - yep, I did that yesterday for this Saturday's restaurant job. Just don't need to put myself (or others) in any worse danger than we already may be. The manager of the restaurant said they have seen patronage really fall off and are doing mostly take out now. I won't miss the gig and will stay hunkered down and will continue hoping for the best for all of us.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#492007 - 03/19/20 10:11 AM Re: More bad news for entertainers! [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

randy smart move ....
now you have more time to work on your music.... keys

have fun

#492008 - 03/19/20 10:13 AM Re: More bad news for entertainers! [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

We couldn't in any good conscience put ourselves into any AL venues. How callous would that be? Most of them are locked down anyway. And that's a good thing.

#492014 - 03/19/20 10:49 AM Re: More bad news for entertainers! [Re: 124]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Just got canceled for my April monthly ... don't know why they waited this long, but it saved me from telling them I wasn't going ...

All restaurants in RI have been shut down by the Governor - take out or delivery only at least until March 30 ...
Not that we are going anywhere ...

#492025 - 03/19/20 12:03 PM Re: More bad news for entertainers! [Re: DonM]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
This new reality is quite a challenge. What a peaceful time we just had recently. I’m thinking about finding some job in delivery – just want to ride my car and deliver some things; it should provide me with some pocket money and keep me sane. Staying at home reading news is probably going to be much more harmful that the virus itself.

But as I had an ambition to become a composer or a songwriter, I guess, facing these challenges should be some source of emotions to me, which will transform into music later.

As we can judge now, the virus is not really that harmful; only numbers without the context can be frightening; but these anticipations, problems with the economy, they produce a lot of stress.

I guess, a lot of political stuff, which seemed to be so important before, now really looks as empty as it really is.

And, maybe, this is the lesson to be learnt. People saw other people as source of their problems and unhappiness; now we have an enemy which is not like people at all. Scientists of all countries unite and work hard, doctors work hard; and governments are now really need to show themselves as good managers.

In the same time, while we share one common threat right now, or an idea of it, a lot of personal stuff is going on with everyone, and objectively speaking, that stuff can be more important. For example, I often see a man not far from my house, who looks like a good man, he walks together with his daughter, who obviously has some serious disorder. I see how he’s tired of it and still committed to it (no signs of a mother); till recently his daughter was walking by herself, but last time I saw her in a wheelchair. So I probably should feel ashamed if I feel that the risk of getting some flu makes me very special. Life sometimes seems wonderful, sometimes it doesn’t seem fair. Sometimes it looks like people build a great society, sometimes it looks like one just wants to enslave another.

But what inspires me is how each one has his purpose. In some way I believe, that when a person doesn’t have this feeling of a purpose, that’s when he becomes a negative version of a human being. I know a doctor, a woman and my former neighbor, she’s been a doctor for all her long life and as she said, she had always known what she was supposed to be.

I’m also inspired by how beautiful this world is. It makes you believe that any sorts of evil is some sort of abnormality.

Well, probably I’m trying to distract myself with these reflections. While doing that, I concluded, that too much work/effort/obsession eventually turns into making stupid mistakes and bad decisions.

I’m grateful for the opportunity to communicate with you all; after all, everything in life would be meaningless if it can’t be shared with other people.

#492026 - 03/19/20 12:05 PM Re: More bad news for entertainers! [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Just got canceled for my April monthly ... don't know why they waited this long, but it saved me from telling them I wasn't going ...

All restaurants in RI have been shut down by the Governor - take out or delivery only at least until March 30 ...
Not that we are going anywhere ...

That's a good thing T...stay safe

#492029 - 03/19/20 12:08 PM Re: More bad news for entertainers! [Re: Kabinopus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Yes, it's amazing how 'groups' can get together to fight a common cause ...

Beautiful sentiments, Sergey, thank you ...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online