SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#491572 - 03/14/20 08:35 PM Genos Freeze setting
whcanetoad Offline

Hello
I'm playing a Genos, v1.4 (don't really see any particular reason to update the firmware)...I have created several hundred Registration folders (collections of Registrations files) for individual songs and saved them into the User memory banks alphabetically by song name...when I created these song folders, I was using the main L/R outs and sending the sound to two Bose s1 pro powered speakers...
Recently, I added a Bose t4s stereo mixer and decided to direct my microphone (which is plugged into the Genos) out of the Aux 1 line out and into the mixer so I can apply the t4s effects to the mic separately...
When I switch from one Registration file to another while playing & singing a song, the Aux 1 line out setting is lost and the keyboard output setting, including the mic, reverts to the two main L&R outs...
If I set the mic line out again to the Aux 1 output and hit the Freeze button (next to the Memory button), the mic output stays on the Aux 1 line out setting for all Registration files...
Unfortunately, when I turn the Genos off and then back on, the saved Registrations all revert to the main L&R line outs...it's not a big deal, but I have to remember to press the Freeze button each time I turn on the keyboard in order to have the mic directed to the Aux 1 line out...
My question (finally, right?): Is there a way to set the keyboard initial settings so the Freeze button is always "On" when the Genos is turned on (or some other way to maintain the line out settings the way I want them to remain set)?
Thanks, bY

#491582 - 03/15/20 12:56 AM Re: Genos Freeze setting [Re: whcanetoad]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Maybe you should reconsider updating the firmware....first smile

#491661 - 03/15/20 11:10 PM Re: Genos Freeze setting [Re: whcanetoad]
whcanetoad Offline

Fran
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have reviewed what the Genos firmware updates add/fix, and I haven't seen anything related to the issue I'm having - trying to "permanently" set the mic line out to an auxiliary send...I was able to do this on my Tyros 5, but I've either forgotten how I managed to do it, or the Genos just doesn't accommodate the changed setting on a permanent basis...I may try to call Yamaha tech and see if they have an answer...

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online