SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#491621 - 03/15/20 11:03 AM Re: Band in a box, does it again.. [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By FransN
Don’t get me wrong the Yamaha sounds great but biab sounds more live which I like. That’s the reason I prefer Korg. For a studio sound nothing beats the Yamaha.

Thats because biab uses audio based files..
Only arranger that does this is Ketron..

By the way, if you want this on the ipad, have a look at

http://keyszone.boards.net

#491622 - 03/15/20 11:27 AM Re: Band in a box, does it again.. [Re: Bachus]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
It really is apples and oranges. BIAB, for the most part, are real musician performances played in non real time...SX900 is a real time arranger. Don’t get me wrong, BIAB is a great tool if you want to delve into the depths of the program...SX900 or any arranger...turn it on and play

#491628 - 03/15/20 02:56 PM Re: Band in a box, does it again.. [Re: Bachus]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
The problem with many of these comments is the fact that you really can't just sit down and do a respectful job on an arranger without spending hours in preparation. I love my 3000 and no doubt would love a PA4x but I absolutely love my BIAB just as much. BIAB is much cheaper with $150 yearly updates. Live musicians are much better than MIDI when it comes to sound.

#491662 - 03/15/20 11:16 PM Re: Band in a box, does it again.. [Re: ekurburski]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By ekurburski
The problem with many of these comments is the fact that you really can't just sit down and do a respectful job on an arranger without spending hours in preparation. I love my 3000 and no doubt would love a PA4x but I absolutely love my BIAB just as much. BIAB is much cheaper with $150 yearly updates. Live musicians are much better than MIDI when it comes to sound.

If i would build a dream arranger workstation..
Band in a box would be a part of it..
Because it would be software based...
With a dedicated hardware controller..

The only thing missing in biab for integration with the rest of an arranger, is an option to send its chords out as midi notes.. so you can not really use it to feed your arranger to mix biab tracks and arranger tracks and multipads...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#491672 - 03/16/20 04:02 AM Re: Band in a box, does it again.. [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bachus,
I might have misunderstood what you meant, biab sends out chord data, and an arranger will follow the chords.

Not sure if that’s what you meant though.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online