SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#49139 - 08/28/06 11:42 AM SD card limit for KN7000
tolgay Offline

Loc: Walnut Creek, CA, USA
Is there a limit for the SD card size for KN7000 to process. There are sdcards sold for $10 for 1gb.

thanks

#49140 - 08/28/06 12:42 PM Re: SD card limit for KN7000
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
KN7000 limitations: max.99 folders with 20 "songs" max per folder. For the rest of the space you can add mpo3 via Jukebox software or midi or other stuff.

------------------

#49141 - 08/28/06 01:35 PM Re: SD card limit for KN7000
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
The KN7000 will address 1G cards OK although there are some problems with certain cards of any size when using the SD audio and Jukebox software. I haven't tried 2G or 4G cards and don't know if if there is a limit on card size that the KN will address. Perhaps Alec can clarify this.

Cheers
Len

#49142 - 08/28/06 02:20 PM Re: SD card limit for KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Fred,

I've just spent quite a bit of time tonight transferring, re-arranging and sorting a 256mb card to a 1GB card using your KN Explorer Tool and what a little 'gem' it is. Without it I think it would have taken weeks to do this via the keyboard. Whilst I am aware of the 99 Folders 20 songs to each whatever the size of the card, I was wondering whether that includes saving the Custom Styles and Favourites? I have separate cards with these on and would like to be able to bring all my settings together on one SD Card, is this possible?

Your reply would be greatly appreciated by us all I am sure.

Audrey (U.K.)

#49143 - 08/29/06 12:29 AM Re: SD card limit for KN7000
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
HI Audrey - The size of the SD card makes no differance to the rule of 20 items per folder, 99 folders per SD card other than the obvious fact that you would have a problem trying to fit 20 items per folder 99 folders on to an 8MB card - the capacity of the card would be too small.

A complete Custom Style file of 20 differant styles and filed under one name is still regarded as ONE item in one folder against the 20 items per folder and 99 folders per SD card. Obviously though it will take up more Storage memory as it is a much larger file.

A Favourites file if filed on its own, is also counted as one item in the 20 items per folder and 99 per SD card. There is no reason why a favourites file cannot be included as part of another file of other settings although for your own recognition purposes I can understand that you would wish to store it separately..........Joan

#49144 - 08/29/06 02:18 AM Re: SD card limit for KN7000
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tolgay:
[B]Is there a limit for the SD card size for KN7000 to process. There are sdcards sold for $10 for 1gb.

I do not recommend to large a card. I used a 256 and it took a lot to get it half filled. If your needs call for a lot of memory then purchase more then on card. One card for midi files, another for set-ups and styles, and another for your finished most important files. It surly makes finding what you want easier. One card travels with the keyboard, the others stay at home.

I never want to put all my stuff on one card even if I have a back-up in my PC.

Try to purchase a quility well-known brand card, it is going to hold lot's of you wotk/hours.

John C.

[This message has been edited by bruno123 (edited 08-29-2006).]

#49145 - 08/30/06 03:07 PM Re: SD card limit for KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thanks Joan and Bruno.

I suspected it would be the case. When the Techplus magazine was in circulation, there was a feature which stated "20 songs to a folder and 99 folders to an SD Card" but I don't recall it stating exactly what could and could not be stored.

You are quite right Joan, I do have lots of music, floppies and recordings, hence the reason I have progressed on from the supplied 8MB - to 1GB SD Cards. In fact, I now use only the SD Cards for storing all my settings eventually transferring to the PC via Fred's KN SD Explorer tool which, as you know, is so much easier to use than the Technics system.

Thank you both again for your input.

Audrey

#49146 - 08/31/06 02:54 PM Re: SD card limit for KN7000
tolgay Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:
HI Audrey - The size of the SD card makes no differance to the rule of 20 items per folder, 99 folders per SD card other than the obvious fact that you would have a problem trying to fit 20 items per folder 99 folders on to an 8MB card - the capacity of the card would be too small.

A complete Custom Style file of 20 differant styles and filed under one name is still regarded as ONE item in one folder against the 20 items per folder and 99 folders per SD card. Obviously though it will take up more Storage memory as it is a much larger file.

A Favourites file if filed on its own, is also counted as one item in the 20 items per folder and 99 per SD card. There is no reason why a favourites file cannot be included as part of another file of other settings although for your own recognition purposes I can understand that you would wish to store it separately..........Joan

I am trying to figure out how I can save the styles to custom memory. I have downloaded files for different styles. for each style I have atleast 4 or 5 files that have the same name but different extension. I know how to load them to Sd card. I created different folders according to to style. So I have folders named samba, waltz, disco, tango, slow, mix etc. that have the styles go with the name of the folder.

So my question is what is the easiest way that I can transfer a folder from my SD card to the custom memory.

#49147 - 08/31/06 03:11 PM Re: SD card limit for KN7000
tolgay Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Thanks Joan and Bruno.

I suspected it would be the case. When the Techplus magazine was in circulation, there was a feature which stated "20 songs to a folder and 99 folders to an SD Card" but I don't recall it stating exactly what could and could not be stored.

You are quite right Joan, I do have lots of music, floppies and recordings, hence the reason I have progressed on from the supplied 8MB - to 1GB SD Cards. In fact, I now use only the SD Cards for storing all my settings eventually transferring to the PC via Fred's KN SD Explorer tool which, as you know, is so much easier to use than the Technics system.

Thank you both again for your input.

Audrey

Audrey is it possible for you to send me a copy of this KN explorer tool software or maybe you can let me know where i can obtain a copy . I assume this is a free utility.
Thanks tolgay

#49148 - 08/31/06 03:54 PM Re: SD card limit for KN7000
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
No, it is not a freebie. It was developed by Fred Melink and his friend to raise money for the organisations which they support. As always with this type of software a great amount of effort went into the initial development and unfortunately the response did not justify further development. I consider it a very useful tool and a bargain at the modest asking price. It can still be purchased through Fred's site. http://vision-4-life.nl/Pages_GB/index_GB.htm

Cheers
Len

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online