SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#491139 - 03/06/20 12:48 PM Genos owners please help
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Genos owners (you lucky dogs) please go to this page, and play each voice (just click on it and the video will pop up).
Are the equivalent voices the same/as good/better than these on your Genos? (I am hoping so).

https://my.yamaha.com/en/products/musica...ml#product-tabs

Thanks ,
Lee

#491141 - 03/06/20 01:28 PM Re: Genos owners please help [Re: leeboy]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Lee,
First off: it is somewhat hard to tell listening through my PC speakers even though they are very good.
However, I listened to all the voices and I think that the Genos is equivalent or better in sound.
Of course like always this may be subjective.
All the voices are in Genos.
Eric

#491145 - 03/06/20 02:45 PM Re: Genos owners please help [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Eric, Thanks for the work...I am glad and not surprised to hear that...the Genos is actually newer tech. and with SA2 I think should be better.
BUT that said, the Yamaha Japan folks really care about sound quality on their stage A organs and have always done a great job in samples and programming. These baby's are used on stage at many concerts in Japan, by some awesome players of all ages.

#491157 - 03/06/20 07:39 PM Re: Genos owners please help [Re: leeboy]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Yes the Genos hs all those sounds, the Scat has the wave cycling technology, others have the second Super Articulation, and I am also familiar with the Electones, that one has the most but the Super Ariculation 3 that Genos has....some sounds.

I also know that the Electone ELC has a technology that is not avaialble in any PSR SX , Tyros o Genos....is a side touch vibrato, I used that when I was playing a Violin, trombone, trumpet, electric guitar, etc....comes very handy giving the user a more realistic way of interpretation of such instruments....
One thing that also the Electone does not have is the Mulipads, or at least the Audio link to multipads or the capacity of adding Expansion Packs.

My 2 cents.

Manuel

#491162 - 03/07/20 01:10 AM Re: Genos owners please help [Re: leeboy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Also I don’t think the Yamaha arrangers have the ability for 2 footswitches on the swell pedal and/or the second swell pedal which can be programmed for other things. (Although you may be able to find a work around using a separate Midi box, but it is much easier if it is built in as standard)
As to sounds, the age puts it around T4/5 level. (Although being different instruments requires different priority’s)

Bill

#491179 - 03/07/20 09:42 AM Re: Genos owners please help [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Manuel, yes....all true actually the Genos is more advanced...as it has 3 switches for articulation on the SA2 voices and Ensemble voices. Makes sense as the ELS-02C (latest) came out in 2014, Genos 2017. That's why I think the Genos TRX approach could be totally awesome!

Bill, You can buy an expression pedal from Musicland with L and R side switches...just connect them to the Genos (or other).
I even think a second pedal can be used on a Genos, if you use a Yamaha MFC-10 foor MIDI controller.

#491227 - 03/08/20 05:35 AM Re: Genos owners please help [Re: leeboy]
Bachus Offline

The ELs02 is a bit older..
Its voices and dsp can best be compared to tyros4..

Espescially the dsp power of Genos sets it appart..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#491234 - 03/08/20 06:55 AM Re: Genos owners please help [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Yes, Jan. 2014...a little older. I do think the sound guys spend a lot more $$ and time doing the Electones compared to PSR and Tyros, not sure Genos may be as good or better??

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online