SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#491149 - 03/06/20 04:00 PM OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Discovered member Leeboy lives about a 30 minute ride from where I am in Florida. This afternoon we met up for lunch and dined on pizza, meatball sandwiches and salad. Nice to have met another SZ member. We talked a lot about he SX900 and Genos.

Sorry for anyone who was expected video or photos..........no one wants to see 2 old guys eating Italian food. smile smile smile smile

#491150 - 03/06/20 04:12 PM Re: OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller [Re: Stephenm52]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yes, it has made the world a lot smaller, especially for arranger keyboard musicians and entertainers. I feel so fortunate that I have met so many very talented and caring individuals through this site.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#491155 - 03/06/20 06:12 PM Re: OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller [Re: Stephenm52]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
+100 on that Gary. Unfortunately I doubt I'm going to find another SZ user close to Mtn Home Arkansas. Next best thing is having friends online.

#491200 - 03/07/20 02:41 PM Re: OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller [Re: Stephenm52]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
It was really great to meet Steve for lunch...had a great time and talked about lots of neat stuff! A very knowledgeable musician and gentleman! What a great forum!
Who's next?
Central FL.
Lee

#491206 - 03/07/20 04:41 PM Re: OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller [Re: Stephenm52]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Great story, Steve:

Glad you and Lee were able to meet and strike up a new SZ friendship. Thanks for sharing the story... and making the rest of us envious... especially when Pizza and Meatball Sandwiches are on the menu. We are a lucky group.

----Dave

#491213 - 03/07/20 06:35 PM Re: OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller [Re: Stephenm52]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
They have Pizza in Florida? smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#491216 - 03/07/20 08:01 PM Re: OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller [Re: lahawk]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Steve and Lee, good for you guys ...

Larry, not unless the pizza guy retired from New York and he trucks in New York water ... just saying' ... wink

#491230 - 03/08/20 06:11 AM Re: OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Steve and Lee, good for you guys ...

Larry, not unless the pizza guy retired from New York and he trucks in New York water ... just saying' ... wink

Tony and Larry, Gotta say the pizza wasn’t bad, but certainly is NOT NY pizza.

Funny thing I was talking to someone a few days ago who claims there was a bagel shop somewhere in South Florida where he trucked in water from NY. I found it hard to believe but you just never know.

#491232 - 03/08/20 06:49 AM Re: OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller [Re: Stephenm52]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Steve, I have heard that water story before. My love for pizza had me searching different places to find a good one here in Florida.

After a while I thought I had found my dream pizza here in Florida. On my trip to visit family in New York I ran to my favorite pizza place and had a slice of pizza, aaaaaaaaaah, a touch of heaven. It is not just the water, or the oven. I think it is the climate.

John C.
PS, I smile just writing this.

#491233 - 03/08/20 06:52 AM Re: OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller [Re: Stephenm52]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Chicago Pizza is awesome as well, Geno's East is my Fav.

#491250 - 03/08/20 03:22 PM Re: OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller [Re: Stephenm52]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
You know what they say about Pizza (and sex)
"When it's good, it's really good, when it's bad it's still pretty good"

The same can't be said about a Philly cheese steak. (Had one Florida once) It's only pretty good or great in the Philly area. Everywhere is? Not so good or terrible

Anyway, I'm glad you two got to meet up in the Sunshine State smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#491251 - 03/08/20 03:22 PM Re: OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller [Re: bruno123]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Steve, I have heard that water story before. My love for pizza had me searching different places to find a good one here in Florida.

After a while I thought I had found my dream pizza here in Florida. On my trip to visit family in New York I ran to my favorite pizza place and had a slice of pizza, aaaaaaaaaah, a touch of heaven. It is not just the water, or the oven. I think it is the climate.

John C.
PS, I smile just writing this.

John, There must be something to the story. I’ve also heard thru the years that it’s the climate someone may have even mentioned the altitude. It’s all hearsay through.

Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Great story, Steve:

Glad you and Lee were able to meet and strike up a new SZ friendship. Thanks for sharing the story... and making the rest of us envious... especially when Pizza and Meatball Sandwiches are on the menu. We are a lucky group.

----Dave

Dave, You’re welcome, it’s always great to meet up with another SZ friend. I agree we are a lucky group.

#491255 - 03/08/20 07:41 PM Re: OT: SZ has made the world a little smaller [Re: leeboy]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By leeboy
It was really great to meet Steve for lunch...had a great time and talked about lots of neat stuff! A very knowledgeable musician and gentleman! What a great forum!
Who's next?
Central FL.
Lee

Glad you two got to meet up - it's always a great treat to to meet up w/fellow arranger players and musicians!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online