SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#490959 - 03/03/20 09:00 PM Who likes Accordion Music
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi ,
Just picked myself, some Multi-pads from Soundwonderland, finished watching Heidrun’s video on how to use them, next utube video popped up on

Accordion registrations.

English version starts approx. 33 min into vide clip

https://youtu.be/hgTwZnLiTW4

Edited by rikkisbears (03/03/20 09:02 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#490966 - 03/03/20 10:21 PM Re: Who likes Accordion Music [Re: rikkisbears]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Definitely not me, Rikki. It's at the bottom of my "I like" list.

BTW....what's happening with those fires? I haven't seen coverage in the media for quite a while now. If it's all over, how did they manage to extinguish everything?

#490969 - 03/03/20 10:55 PM Re: Who likes Accordion Music [Re: Mark79100]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Mark,
We ended up with Flooding Rain instead. Sydney was flooding and some places along the coast.
NSW, no fires. I think rest of Australia is ok too.
If that hadn’t happened, it would still be burning, so I don’t think think people minded.

Now the big wildlife rescue is on , to save the remaining koalas and other wildlife.
We had this amazing documentary on saving koalas, so sad, but really amazing, rescuers coming from overseas to help find the injured ones and try help feeding the ones that have survived. Not easy when the forests are burned down around them.
All we were able to do was donate money to try and help out.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#490971 - 03/03/20 11:02 PM Re: Who likes Accordion Music [Re: rikkisbears]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Yes, we probably had as much coverage on the Koalas as we did on the fires themselves. Hard to believe they're such tough critters when they look so cute and cuddly!

#490973 - 03/04/20 01:50 AM Re: Who likes Accordion Music [Re: Mark79100]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Rikki, thank you. I love the accordion, many of my friends played accordion before going to the keyboard. The video reminded me of many of the songs I played for my own pleasure. I have been trying to find different ways to enjoy my music at home, this is a good start.

When I had my music store/school, accordions were popular. We even had accordion bands. I miss the music I used to play, I’m going back the songs are melodic, they say so much.

Thanks again, John C.

#490980 - 03/04/20 03:03 AM Re: Who likes Accordion Music [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi John,
Glad you enjoyed it. Must admit it’s not an instrument that particularly appeals to me, but after watching Heidrun play some of those tunes, I could become a fan.

She has so many wonderful registration packs , and some great tips on how to use them.
Hard to know where to start.

Suppose it’s only money. Haha. Might as well enjoy it.

You should check out her video’s. With your music skills you could do your own.
More of a case of getting some inspiration. As silly as it sounds, you tend to forget what you used to enjoy, till you hear it again, and it brings back great memories.

I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed John Barry movie scores till Lee brought it up a while back. Been putting together a style for us, so that we can play a simple version of Somewhere in Time ( just to give us a fix haha) until we either find a good midifile for it, or heaven forbid I learn to play the piano solo. ( in my dreams ) haha

Edited by rikkisbears (03/04/20 03:13 AM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#490986 - 03/04/20 06:26 AM Re: Who likes Accordion Music [Re: rikkisbears]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
If done well I like all kinds of music and listening to the Accordion takes me places I would like to visit. While visiting Sagatuck Michigan this summer there was a street fair . A gentleman was busking playing a Roland Accordion and he was excellent. He gave an uplifting vibe to the whole street. I joked with him and asked for an obscure Polka and he opened one of his thick folders and tore into it with a big smile. His tip hat was full, people really enjoyed it.

#490987 - 03/04/20 06:32 AM Re: Who likes Accordion Music [Re: rikkisbears]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I agree...Heidrun at Soundwanderland is awesome...I have 3 of her pkgs and want a few more...she is also very helpful if needed.

She is quite a musician....I have admired her for many years...

Accordion, WOW now that is a difficult instrument to play IMHO.
I do like some of that music....my wife used to play a long time ago, I offered to get her one, she said OH No thanks.

#490988 - 03/04/20 06:39 AM Re: Who likes Accordion Music [Re: rikkisbears]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
No not really. Never use accordion sounds although I use to play accordion when I was very young smile

#490991 - 03/04/20 07:15 AM Re: Who likes Accordion Music [Re: leeboy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Lee, I started my musical journey at the age of 13, learning to play 'piano' accordion ... the studio I studied at (and later taught at) had soloists and accordion orchestras - like John C - and we played all classical pieces, Rossini, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, etc. in competitions and concerts, including Carnegie Hall in NY. I don't know that the accordion is any more difficult than any other instrument, because, like other instruments, it is learned one step at a time ... also, the left hand is laid out very logically in the 'Circle of Fifths' ...
To ME, the chromatic button accordion LOOKS more difficult than the piano accordion, but looking at some diagrams, the right hand seems very compact and gives the ability to perform runs utilizing very limited movement over the keyboard.

PS: I have found playing two hands separately on a piano quite difficult, and I marvel at organists and drummers who can have feet and hands doing different things at the same time ...

#491005 - 03/04/20 11:04 AM Re: Who likes Accordion Music [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
Actually my cousin had a piano accordion when we were kids.
I tried to have a go at a couple of times.
Buttons, keys no problem , could get the hang of the pushing it open and closing. Haha

Years later I ended up with a chord organ, didn’t have to do 3 things at once.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491037 - 03/05/20 07:14 AM Re: Who likes Accordion Music [Re: rikkisbears]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I’ve always heard lots of accordion music, you can’t really escape it the Hispanic community in the Southwest US. But I didn’t like it much especially as a teen, preferring jazz, fusion , funk and some rock, non which featured accordion. I always associated the accordion with Mexican polka (Norteńa) which I relate at all and found it unsophisticated. Growing older, becoming sympathetic to the plight of immigrants, and playing plenty of norteña gigs, I’ve come to tolerate and even appreciate the music and the accordion itself.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online