SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#490893 - 03/02/20 07:30 PM Re: major problem concentrating [Re: ekurburski]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Ekurburski, your answer is in your post. You wrote; Problem, it is a job to do. Right now, it is the only to do.” Ekurburski, you are about as normal as everyone else here. If all I had to do (Job) was my keyboard, I’d go nuts! If I stay with my wife, which I love, all day, I would go nuts. If I watch TV too long, I go nuts.

There are times when I get an idea and I can’t waist until I get to the keyboard. And I never, ever call that a job. I never practice, I play. You have made what you are doing a job. Tonight, I sat with a tune for two hours, I got nothing accomplished, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Words like these can take the joy out of anything.

“I need to find”
“I need to work on”
“Arranger keyboards are not easy play unless you want to accept mediocre results”
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this was said on another post:
Take one song, and when you feel it sounds good, do another song. No pressure – no list to do, -- no playing if you find you are losing interest – no demands on you.

If I am missing the mark –or have not understood, I apologize. It’s just that I read frustration in your post.
John C.

#490923 - 03/03/20 08:36 AM Re: major problem concentrating [Re: ekurburski]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Earl:

Interesting and applicable suggestions for you. Is the "concentration" part caused by constant disturbances, "Honey-Do's" or is your KB located somewhere you are often distracted? I hope you have your own studio or room where you can close that door and flail away at the task at-hand. John C and Gary are great resources. Don't forget, standard KB styles can be re-arranged by swapping out instruments, tempo, switching to a minor key if the song needs it... and adjusting individual volumes to make the backing sound authentic. Don't forget to move the "Pan" knobs where needed.

I spend a great deal of time arranging the style, then recording until I'm blue in the face... and then, when it has been transported to the Recorder and Computer... making more minor volume edits, etc. Once you have it where you want it... don't forget to save it in a memory bank. If you plan to sing it often... assuming you are happy with song, vocal and recording (normalized eventually before saving) take the time to use a word processor and type out all your settings for later reference.

Are you continuing to have the goal of doing a gig or are you simply doing this to suit yourself? Either can be highly satisfying (depending upon your objectives) and both are worth tons of practice and experimentation.

Best of luck, ----Dave

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online