SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#490851 - 03/02/20 12:06 PM Just hit delete
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK - No more teasing. I just deleted the content - if you each delete your replies, I'll make the whole post go away. It's as easy as returning a keyboard. (oops) eek2

#490857 - 03/02/20 12:39 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (03/04/20 10:12 AM)

#490860 - 03/02/20 01:01 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Dave return to your programming.
I don't appreciate it..

#490869 - 03/02/20 01:33 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave, why are you stirring the pot????? I like Donny, he is following what he feels, and yes, he is a little nuts, but so am I, and so are you.

Kindness goes a long way; it creates a place we would like to be in.
John C

#490877 - 03/02/20 02:29 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Thank you John for the Kind words....
but sadly the damage is already done.

#490881 - 03/02/20 03:07 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Dnj]

No it’s not, Donny, unless you buy into it.
We all are what we are – and let nobody touch that.

John C.

#490885 - 03/02/20 03:33 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

John I'm so past it
I just totally ignore it...
Sometimes I feel like just stepping away altogether...
No more avatar is part one..

Edited by Dnj (03/02/20 03:34 PM)

#490895 - 03/02/20 08:01 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Dnj]

Don't you dare go away, I'll miss you. (smile)
John C.

#490898 - 03/02/20 09:42 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I haven't a clue either what Dave said. But I don't believe him to have ever gone out of his way to be outright rude to anyone. You might not like what he has to say, but, one thing I do admire about UD...he SPEAKS HIS MIND. He concerns himself not about "running with the pack."

You've also got to remember, Donny, though a likeable fellow, I feel is hung up on "if you're not for me, you're against me."

Having said all that....I'm curious also what was said.

#490899 - 03/02/20 09:48 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Thanx for the kudos Dave ...
I see you turned to the dark side again..

darthvader

Donny...I've been on the receiving end of your own "dark side." Others here too. "People who live in glass houses...."

#490915 - 03/03/20 04:55 AM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Between Dave's latest, and especially Mark's past remarks
& others, they know who they are I think it's time to drop out of sight for a while.
This is not a place of arranger KB happiness any longer.
I know who my friends are. I come here for pleasure,
but the atmosphere lately sadly has turned in the opposite direction.
Please just forget Dnj.

Edited by Dnj (03/03/20 04:55 AM)

#490925 - 03/03/20 08:49 AM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I think I'll go away from the zone for about a week, then check back to see Donny's newest avitar/logo. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#490926 - 03/03/20 08:53 AM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
stop stop stop

deleted the rest of mine ...
who is next?

Edited by tony mads usa (03/03/20 03:30 PM)

#490932 - 03/03/20 10:16 AM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
OK

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#490933 - 03/03/20 10:29 AM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Man, you're all such babies! And Dave, you apparently started this so why should the rest of us cover for you? It would seem that after all this time you would be intelligent enough to stop teasing people that you know are sensitive. Long story short, live with it. You will reep what sow.

#490944 - 03/03/20 03:58 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
I did not see Dave's original post, but I assume it was about Donny's continuing quest to buy every keyboard on the planet. Donny (and the others here who are appalled by the comments about him) has to realize that when you do what he does on a public forum, people are going to develop opinions and possibly comment on that. My own opinion is that changing keyboards like he does is strange, abnormal, unusual or whatever adjective you wish to use. I have a theory that he enjoys the attention and that is what motivates him.

In any case, from what I have seen, Dave's comments are just lighthearted kidding by someone that knows him "in real life." But again, Donny has to learn that people (being what they are) will say something now and then when they observe an unusual event. As long as they are not violating forum rules, I see no problem with that.

Donny should make a statement that credibly describes why he is doing this if he truly wants to be left alone (which I doubt). But he doesn't do that-he continues to maintain that he is on a quest for the "perfect" keyboard and the Genos, PA4X and the SX900 (to name a few) somehow don't meet his inexplicable needs. That just doesn't ring true. Having said all of this-I'll say again that it is a free country and he can do what he chooses. The same goes for his critics who don't break forum rules.

#490948 - 03/03/20 05:20 PM Re: Just hit delete [Re: Uncle Dave]

I am going to step ot on this one.

How sad. Us old guys have to face being no longer. Our parts are not doing what they use to do, or memory is not the same, and I forgot why I walked into the room last night. Add to that, there are some of us that can no longer do what we so dearly loved; entertaining people with our music. It is a difficult in our lives.

Our friend Gary, has added so much, and in so many areas. His posts now tell us how to handle the rest of the story. Gary and Don are our two bright stars in our forum; always a good word, a kind word, never hurting another.

Donny, is he looking for attention? Yes, he is. But many that post here, including me, do the same thing. Is what he is doing right or wrong? They are neither right or wrong, they are just Donny. If the man was 37, and was doing what he does, I would say, shoot him. But he is not 37, he is now a senior who now plays at home.

Dave, Uncle Dave went to school of clever remarks, when something bothers him; and Donny’s attitude bothers him, look out. I read his every post, and listen to his music – he has a special mind, inventive – and he is an excellent musician. I like the man. The Dave’s and the Donny’s make this forum what it is. INTERESTING.

So why am I writing all this? So we have compassion for those who are struggling with the their rest of the story. I don’t want to see precious members leave this forum, as it has done in the past.

There goes my preching again, John C. (I love people)

#490949 - 03/03/20 06:07 PM Re: Just hit delete [Re: bruno123]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Beautiful homily, John ...
Thank You

#490955 - 03/03/20 07:53 PM Re: Just hit delete [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Well, I guess we're not deleting then. Sigh ....
smile

#490960 - 03/03/20 09:16 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
but I assume it was about Donny's continuing quest to buy every keyboard on the planet.

I would edit that statement to say something like: "Donny's continuing quest to fool us into believing he's out to buy or has bought every keyboard on the planet." I'll believe he's bought those keyboards the day I see either his receipts for each sale or the return authorization for each keyboard. Until then I'm a "doubting Thomas."

Donny (and the others here who are appalled by the comments about him) has to realize that when you do what he does on a public forum, people are going to develop opinions and possibly comment on that.

I see it as this is just one part of his master plan to stay in the spotlight.

My own opinion is that changing keyboards like he does is strange, abnormal, unusual or whatever adjective you wish to use.

Again, assuming that he actually does "change keyboards" or is it just mindless patter? And if it wasn't "changing keyboards" he'd manufacture some other drama to remain visible.

I have a theory that he enjoys the attention and that is what motivates him.

I don't even entertain this as a theory. I checked my "book of facts." It's factually written right there on the 1st page and every page after that.

But again, Donny has to learn that people (being what they are) will say something now and then when they observe an unusual event.

Mainly Donny has to learn to....GROW UP. He needs to understand that the world does not revolve around him and that the Synthzone SHOULDN'T revolve around him and his moods.

Having said all of this-I'll say again that it is a free country and he can do what he chooses.

I've said this in many different circumstances over the years, but with a "qualifier:" You can do or say whatever you want in this world, as long as you don't negatively affect other people by your words or your actions.

The same goes for his critics who don't break forum rules.

Donny has taken more than a few jabs at me because I confronted him about posting his "fake demo....right out of the box." As a gentleman I kept my responses to his jabs low key up to now. There's more I would like to have said but I kept myself in restraint so I "don't break forum rules."

Nice post, Mr. Tracy Parnell

#490961 - 03/03/20 09:40 PM Re: Just hit delete [Re: bruno123]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123

Donny, is he looking for attention? Yes, he is. But many that post here, including me, do the same thing.

The difference between you and Donny is this? When you post something it's usually of substance like your take on the II-V-I chords last week. You don't post things like "what keyboard should His Royal Highness audition next." And you don't fill up the whole Synthzone message list with Youtube keyboard videos (last week I counted 7 DNJ posts like this just in one "screen"...no words...just the post. And...YOU DON'T post someone's else's music and try to pass it off as your own! And then swear up and down the room that it was YOUR music!

There's three differences right there.

I read his every post, and listen to his music – he has a special mind, inventive – and he is an excellent musician.

Sorry, I don't see it that way myself. But, if you do, I respect that.

I don’t want to see precious members leave this forum, as it has done in the past.

I think it's a bit late for that.

#490962 - 03/03/20 09:41 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mark, that is unnecessarily hateful. Right or wrong, I know for a fact that he did buy all those keyboards.
Some of them he bought from me. And I have shared the stage with him and can assure you that he is an excellent player.
I was staying out of this because it is childish but it is getting out of hand.
I'm hoping Nigel will step in and delete the entire thing although he shouldn't have to police a group of grown men.
Why would anyone attack a fellow musician because of what he chooses to buy and sell?

#490963 - 03/03/20 09:54 PM Re: Just hit delete [Re: Uncle Dave]
Mark79100 Offline

I'm sure many of you have noticed I really let loose in this thread. And I have no regrets about what I wrote. I think I earned the right to do so considering how many posts I've spent countless man-hours composing in trying to help others with whatever musical knowledge I learned over the years. End of post.

#490965 - 03/03/20 10:03 PM Re: Just hit delete [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything?
I try to help people also, but it doesn't give me the right to attack them.

#490968 - 03/03/20 10:40 PM Re: Just hit delete [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything?
I try to help people also, but it doesn't give me the right to attack them.

I don't feel I "attacked." Just some things that needed to be said and I took the opportunity and said it. And I said it in a literate way. And, I didn't say it out of hate...I hate no one, just dislike the mannerisms of some people. And I feel a heck of a lot better not having to hold it in every time Donny makes one of his sly remarks about me. Maybe one day if YOU are on the butt end of his nasty comments you'll feel different.

So maybe it would be more helpful if you directed "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything?" at the other person because personally I'm fed up with his character asasinations on me.

You don't have to agree with what I wrote, but I feel you should respect my right to exercise my freedom of speech.

#490975 - 03/04/20 02:33 AM Re: Just hit delete [Re: Mark79100]

Wow, stop this post, don’t you dare.

There is so much to learn here. Years ago, I watched an interview of an actor who committed some unquestionable acts. When he was asked if the negatives that were being said bothered him, he answered. “Heck no, they are talking me, aren’t they”.

If Donny was to leave this forum it would lose 50% of its value. Try going to other forums, yes they are orderly, and they say “the right thing”, but they are BOARING!

Look at the negatives being said about him – look at his supporters that are standing up to defend him, my gosh, HE is a success.

There is something else that needs to be brought out ---- our posts are exposing who we are, and that’s OK. There is one not one person on this post that I dislike. In fact, it would be great to have them all live here in West Palm Beach. We would have a ball.

Just saying, John C.

PS, if you think you have troubles – my Parkinson doctor explained why I have trouble typing. He held up his finger to demonstrate; just before his finger touched the object it took a right-hand turn. aaaaaah! Oh well, I can live with that. (smile)

Edited by bruno123 (03/04/20 02:36 AM)

#490981 - 03/04/20 03:12 AM Re: Just hit delete [Re: bruno123]

I read this all the time and it is not working. (smile)

Almighty God you know that I am growing older.

Keep me from becoming too talkative,
and particularly keep me from falling into the tiresome habit of expressing an opinion on every subject.

Release me from craving to straighten out everyone's affairs. Keep my mind free from recital of endless details.
Give me wings to get to the point.

Give me grace, dear GOD, to listen to others describe their aches and pains.
Help me endure the boredom with patience and keep my lips sealed,
for my own aches and pains are increasing in number and intensity,
and the pleasure of discussing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by.

Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally, I might be mistaken. Keep me reasonably sweet.
I do not wish to be a saint (Saints are so hard to live with), but a sour old person is the work of the devil.

Make me thoughtful, but not moody, helpful, but not pushy, independent,
yet able to accept with graciousness favors that others wish to bestow on me.

Free me of the notion that simply because I have lived a long time,
I am wiser than those who have not lived so long.

If I do not approve of some of the changes that have taken place in recent years, give me the wisdom to keep my mouth shut.

GOD knows that when the end comes,
I would like to have a friend or two left.

#490984 - 03/04/20 05:47 AM Re: Just hit delete [Re: Uncle Dave]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
All you guys...come move to Ocala,FL, we can jam, do lunch, teach each other stuff...and listen to our performances....applaud each others talents!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online