SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#490961 - 03/03/20 09:40 PM Re: Just hit delete [Re: bruno123]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By bruno123

Donny, is he looking for attention? Yes, he is. But many that post here, including me, do the same thing.

The difference between you and Donny is this? When you post something it's usually of substance like your take on the II-V-I chords last week. You don't post things like "what keyboard should His Royal Highness audition next." And you don't fill up the whole Synthzone message list with Youtube keyboard videos (last week I counted 7 DNJ posts like this just in one "screen"...no words...just the post. And...YOU DON'T post someone's else's music and try to pass it off as your own! And then swear up and down the room that it was YOUR music!

There's three differences right there.

I read his every post, and listen to his music – he has a special mind, inventive – and he is an excellent musician.

Sorry, I don't see it that way myself. But, if you do, I respect that.

I don’t want to see precious members leave this forum, as it has done in the past.

I think it's a bit late for that.

#490962 - 03/03/20 09:41 PM Re: Big mistake ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mark, that is unnecessarily hateful. Right or wrong, I know for a fact that he did buy all those keyboards.
Some of them he bought from me. And I have shared the stage with him and can assure you that he is an excellent player.
I was staying out of this because it is childish but it is getting out of hand.
I'm hoping Nigel will step in and delete the entire thing although he shouldn't have to police a group of grown men.
Why would anyone attack a fellow musician because of what he chooses to buy and sell?

#490963 - 03/03/20 09:54 PM Re: Just hit delete [Re: Uncle Dave]
Mark79100 Offline

I'm sure many of you have noticed I really let loose in this thread. And I have no regrets about what I wrote. I think I earned the right to do so considering how many posts I've spent countless man-hours composing in trying to help others with whatever musical knowledge I learned over the years. End of post.

#490965 - 03/03/20 10:03 PM Re: Just hit delete [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything?
I try to help people also, but it doesn't give me the right to attack them.

#490968 - 03/03/20 10:40 PM Re: Just hit delete [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything?
I try to help people also, but it doesn't give me the right to attack them.

I don't feel I "attacked." Just some things that needed to be said and I took the opportunity and said it. And I said it in a literate way. And, I didn't say it out of hate...I hate no one, just dislike the mannerisms of some people. And I feel a heck of a lot better not having to hold it in every time Donny makes one of his sly remarks about me. Maybe one day if YOU are on the butt end of his nasty comments you'll feel different.

So maybe it would be more helpful if you directed "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything?" at the other person because personally I'm fed up with his character asasinations on me.

You don't have to agree with what I wrote, but I feel you should respect my right to exercise my freedom of speech.

#490975 - 03/04/20 02:33 AM Re: Just hit delete [Re: Mark79100]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Wow, stop this post, don’t you dare.

There is so much to learn here. Years ago, I watched an interview of an actor who committed some unquestionable acts. When he was asked if the negatives that were being said bothered him, he answered. “Heck no, they are talking me, aren’t they”.

If Donny was to leave this forum it would lose 50% of its value. Try going to other forums, yes they are orderly, and they say “the right thing”, but they are BOARING!

Look at the negatives being said about him – look at his supporters that are standing up to defend him, my gosh, HE is a success.

There is something else that needs to be brought out ---- our posts are exposing who we are, and that’s OK. There is one not one person on this post that I dislike. In fact, it would be great to have them all live here in West Palm Beach. We would have a ball.

Just saying, John C.

PS, if you think you have troubles – my Parkinson doctor explained why I have trouble typing. He held up his finger to demonstrate; just before his finger touched the object it took a right-hand turn. aaaaaah! Oh well, I can live with that. (smile)

Edited by bruno123 (03/04/20 02:36 AM)

#490981 - 03/04/20 03:12 AM Re: Just hit delete [Re: bruno123]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I read this all the time and it is not working. (smile)

Almighty God you know that I am growing older.

Keep me from becoming too talkative,
and particularly keep me from falling into the tiresome habit of expressing an opinion on every subject.

Release me from craving to straighten out everyone's affairs. Keep my mind free from recital of endless details.
Give me wings to get to the point.

Give me grace, dear GOD, to listen to others describe their aches and pains.
Help me endure the boredom with patience and keep my lips sealed,
for my own aches and pains are increasing in number and intensity,
and the pleasure of discussing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by.

Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally, I might be mistaken. Keep me reasonably sweet.
I do not wish to be a saint (Saints are so hard to live with), but a sour old person is the work of the devil.

Make me thoughtful, but not moody, helpful, but not pushy, independent,
yet able to accept with graciousness favors that others wish to bestow on me.

Free me of the notion that simply because I have lived a long time,
I am wiser than those who have not lived so long.

If I do not approve of some of the changes that have taken place in recent years, give me the wisdom to keep my mouth shut.

GOD knows that when the end comes,
I would like to have a friend or two left.

#490984 - 03/04/20 05:47 AM Re: Just hit delete [Re: Uncle Dave]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
All you guys...come move to Ocala,FL, we can jam, do lunch, teach each other stuff...and listen to our performances....applaud each others talents!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online