SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#490393 - 02/27/20 04:57 AM Re: Ketron Audya... [Re: Shade of pale]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Shade of pale

Maybe a little bit better in term of no sounds drop of or a bit delay when doing quick chord changes, I feel there’s slight delay with SD9, Sd7, it could have been just me.

Hi Tye,

No it's not just you, I experience this on the SD7 (I think I posted it here somewhere about it too) and I also thought it was me, but doesn't seem so now. As much as I do love this keyboard, it does have some "quirks" which could be a little annoying. I don't know why the sounds drop sometimes, I don't know whether it's deliberate to make it sound realistic or live!?? But now you said it also happens on the SD9 is a big help because even though I wasn't thinking of upgrading the SD7 anyway (the speakers are a must), I most definitely won't change the SD7 and I'm glad I added an Audya instead of another SD model.

#490397 - 02/27/20 05:26 AM Re: Ketron Audya... [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Danny your gonna really be busy exploring the Ketron family
of arranger keyboards. I wish you luck....
enjoy and make wonderful music.

keys

#490399 - 02/27/20 05:36 AM Re: Ketron Audya... [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Danny your gonna really be busy exploring the Ketron family
of arranger keyboards. I wish you luck....
enjoy and make wonderful music.

keys

Thanks Donny!!! hahaha, yes I can't wait to experience the Audya, albeit 10 years later than anticipated but better late than never. The fact that there's still a lot of positive things being said about the Audya is a testament to how good an instrument this must be. It was always too expensive for me to consider it new but the deal I saw the other day I couldn't pass it up because I don't think I'd see one for that price again anytime soon so I took the risk. Like I said it does have a small issue with it but I think it's cosmetic and can be replaced, I just need to see what the extent of it is before I contact Ketron about it (it has a slider missing apparently).

#490401 - 02/27/20 05:38 AM Re: Ketron Audya... [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Danny whatever it is Prince AJ will be able to rectify it for sure.

all the best!!

#490613 - 02/29/20 08:44 AM Re: Ketron Audya... [Re: jingleman]
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Hi Jingleman, I think Countryman here describes how I view the Audya and SD9/Sd7 perfectly,

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/460252/1

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

#490614 - 02/29/20 08:47 AM Re: Ketron Audya... [Re: Dnj]
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Here’s what “Country man” said:-

Hi guitpic1,

I have it so (nord + ketron) and I'm happy smile

When I need piano or newest synth sounds - sound is best on Nord Stage ...
When I need live background - best is Audya at all.

BTW: I thing Audya is still flagship of Ketron products and for my gigs better than SD7/9 (I own and try SD7 too). Why?

- first has SAMPLER (I know only in mono wave, but very usefull, for precision synth/sampled waves I'v use Nord)
- Audya has on AUDIO DRUMS track equalizer! Very usefull for some adjustment Kicks, cymbals etc ... adjustable separately for any styles ...)
- amazing and a lot ROCK styles! More rock styles than SD7/9 ...
- more LIVE GUITARS and AUDIO DRUMS! Creating acurate song styles ...
- 4 band parametric equalizer on MASTER OUT (SD7 only 2 band)
- separate OUT3/4
- Audya has integrated Power unit! + a lot space inner, so I build in all AC adapters for powering all gear I use (tablet, tc-helicon, ui mixer, transmiters ...) so I have only one AC plug - quick setup smile

I know Audya has a little old synth sounds, so all new modern sounds (lead) I can make on Nord Stage. You can find many modern programs/samples for today music songs on https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-stage...3fa6a5706cf93f3 like original!

So I'm now lucky with this setup and modern sound smile

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online