SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#49004 - 01/18/04 10:19 AM Re: Techplus Club
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Who's to say Technote won't fold like Technics sold us down the river.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#49005 - 01/18/04 10:59 AM Re: Techplus Club
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
Who's to say Technote won't fold like Technics sold us down the river.

Larry Hawk

Technics have not folded Larry, they have given you a market leading keyboard, are continuing support for a period providing spares and service for years to come and even given you a host of free styles ready converted as a going away present.

They have just decided not to produce another product. Since no one had a right to or contract for a follow up product I hardly see it as selling anyone down the river. It's disappointing, it's sad, it's the end of an era, the rest is economics, supply and demand and the modern world. I know a lot of people still enjoying their big GA organs with gusto. Technics pulled out of organs years ago, were these people still swearing by their organs now sold down the river?

As long as the demand is there I dare say Technote will satisfy what they can, the more negative attitudes take hold I dare say the sooner the demand may dissipate and the earlier we will all move on to new horizons.

#49006 - 01/18/04 11:20 AM Re: Techplus Club
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Well said Alec....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#49007 - 01/18/04 11:26 AM Re: Techplus Club
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Anyone who has been paying attention will know that Technote International isn't going out of business. The company has diversified its business over the years and now carries Yamaha, Casio, Roland and Hammond software, new amplification systems, Casio keyboards, drum kits, and wind instruments just to mention a few additions to their inventory. They have opened two outlets in the United States. It seems to me to be a forward looking company that responds to market trends. Technote International, like any sound business, appears to have a business plan that is working. I expect the company to shrug off the Matsushita announcement and move on to even bigger and better things for us in the future.

Chuck

#49008 - 01/18/04 12:36 PM Re: Techplus Club
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Piper:
I expect the company to shrug off the Matsushita announcement and move on to even bigger and better things for us in the future.
Chuck

there's a new series of 7k/804/604 disks in preparation now, Chuck

#49009 - 01/18/04 02:42 PM Re: Techplus Club
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I have also been a subscriber to the Technplus magazine for many years and have watched it grown into the magnificent magazine it is today.

Here are just a few things that make this particular magazine outstanding and they are:-

1) Any telephone call is answered personally and immediately (without having to go through a chain of button pressing). Any problems I have encountered have always been dealt with courteously and promptly.

2) The magazine has a 'Workshop' section explaining clearly both in text and pictures how to use the facilities offered on Tehnics organs, pianos and of course keyboards which like many other members I find invaluable.

3) There is a 'Letter' section whereby we learn from other people's problems or suggestions.

4) There are features on Artistes, new instruments and articles written by the likes of Peter Hayward, Alec Pagida etc., News Updates, 'pull-out' sheet music and much more. All for the price of £25.00 per year. To me the music alone is worth the
subscription.

At the risk of sounding like their sales person to anyone having doubts, I would say "subscribe today" - you will definitely not regret it.

Aud

#49010 - 01/18/04 02:50 PM Re: Techplus Club
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Alec,

Thanks for the "heads up" concerning the new disks. I've decided to stay with my KN6000 so the new disks will not help me. I have around 35 Technote and Music Disk Collection disks so I am not hurting for variety in terms of styles or registrations, and Gunnar and others have styles available on their websites should I decide to expand my collection. Just the three volume reprise set of KN5000 styles alone provides me with additional styles to choose from. The new disks for other instruments is yet another example of what I was saying in that Technote is here for the long haul.

I am going to watch the keyboard market closely from now on to see how the other manufacturers react to the withdrawal of Technics from the market. I suspect they will be looking for ways to capitalize on the void created by the demise of Technics. They know we Technics people will buy boards if the boards are comparable to what we currently have.

Thanks again, Alec, for your response.

Chuck

#49011 - 01/18/04 03:30 PM Re: Techplus Club
Leo's Den Offline

wrt Technote as a company, Aud, I couldn't agree more with your first point. It came as quite a shock to me to find a phone answered by a human being who knew what he was talking about, was courteous and helpful, and delivered what he promised even faster than promised. Oh, and let's remember that Techplus Club members get a discount on Technote products too. Leo.

#49012 - 01/18/04 03:36 PM Re: Techplus Club
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Alex,

Your statement a few days ago:
"At last the announcement has been made in Japan and it's official - no more Technics."

Now your statement is:
"Technics have not folded"

Confused,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#49013 - 01/18/04 03:41 PM Re: Techplus Club
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Quote from Chuck's post :
" I suspect they will be looking for ways to capitalize on the void created by the demise of Technics. They know we Technics people will buy boards if the boards are comparable to what we currently have."
I think any of the current keyboard manufacturers will need to do a great deal of work, if they wish to produce any instrument, which is as user friendly as the Technics range has always been.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online