SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#489013 - 02/10/20 01:02 PM Multimedia MTM
zuki Offline

Multimedia iloud speakers

I'm thinking they might have the midrange sound achieved like headphones or built-in keyboard speakers.

Edited by zuki (02/13/20 10:08 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#489016 - 02/10/20 01:06 PM Re: Multimedia MTM [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

cool2

Attachments
s-l1600.jpg

#489018 - 02/10/20 01:09 PM Re: Multimedia MTM [Re: zuki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Yeah, but $700. Gotta be a cheaper way to get the same results.

chas

#489022 - 02/10/20 01:25 PM Re: Multimedia MTM [Re: zuki]
zuki Offline

Yes, expensive, but adding midrange sure would be worth it, IMO.

Has anyone tried these?

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#489026 - 02/10/20 02:19 PM Re: Multimedia MTM [Re: zuki]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I have these, and they are great for an alternate "listen" when I do a mixdown. Also makew for a great portable studio set - they have a carry bag too.
https://www.amazon.com/IK-Multimedia-Monitors-ultra-compact-bluetooth/dp/B01C5RZWCQ

Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 5.19.15 PM.png

#489032 - 02/10/20 02:27 PM Re: Multimedia MTM [Re: zuki]
Crossover Offline

They were introduced last summer. Very promising.

https://www.thomann.de/de/ik_multimedia_iloud_mtm.htm

Automatic translation of the Bonedo magazine review summary:

5 of 5 stars

"Brutal, what the small speakers deliver in terms of bass reproduction and overall volume. And they are also brutally precise. The advertised linearity of frequency response and phase behavior, which the manufacturer promises with the help of DSP power and D'Appolito arrangement, is confirmed in the test. The IK Multimedia iLoud MTM sounds unexpectedly precise and beautiful to me in its basic setting. With the clean stereo image, the razor-sharp transients and the unwashed, powerful bass, I have the impression of listening with a precision tool. The iLoud MTM does not invite me to indulge in enjoyable music. But when it comes to listening carefully, analyzing mixes or sounds analytically or, for example, hearing technical errors and thereby being able to eradicate them, IK Multimedia with its iLoud MTM offers the right listening. I would like to have an auto power function or a digital input - such as the Bluetooth connection in the previous box iLoud Micro - which is probably not feasible at a unit price of around 400 euros (as of July 17th, 2019) and maybe something for would be an MTM Mk II. And otherwise I ask myself the question that Neo was asked by Morpheus: Do I stay in the wonderland of dyeing or do I want to hear the reality?"

#489060 - 02/10/20 07:55 PM Re: Multimedia MTM [Re: zuki]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
iLoud MTM on eBay
Has anyone tried these? I did a "search" and found nothing on the forum.

I'm thinking they might have the midrange sound achieved like headphones or built-in keyboard speakers.
I have a pair of the iLoud MTM by IK Multimedia. A few years back, I heard their iLoud Micro Monitor at NAMM. Hugh sounds in such a small speaker. However, my Micro monitor had a horrible distortion and crackling noise when I turned up the volume. I didn't take it up with IK Multimedia. I should have. Anyway, after watching a few preview videos on Youtube about the MTM, I bought a pair when IK had a Christmas sale. It came with ARC 2.0 software (Advance Room Correction), and two high-precision MEMS measurement mic microphones.
Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#489105 - 02/11/20 03:10 PM Re: Multimedia MTM [Re: Torch]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By Torch
Originally Posted By zuki
iLoud MTM on eBay
Has anyone tried these? I did a "search" and found nothing on the forum.

I have a pair of the iLoud MTM by IK Multimedia. A few years back, I heard their iLoud Micro Monitor at NAMM. Hugh sounds in such a small speaker. However, my Micro monitor had a horrible distortion and crackling noise when I turned up the volume. I didn't take it up with IK Multimedia. I should have. Anyway, after watching a few preview videos on Youtube about the MTM, I bought a pair when IK had a Christmas sale. It came with ARC 2.0 software (Advance Room Correction), and two high-precision MEMS measurement mic microphones.
Chris

So how loud can you turn the bigger ones without them distorting e.g. wirh piano sound? Piano is often the most critical voice creating distortion probably due to the aggressive mid frequency peaks...

#489106 - 02/11/20 03:59 PM Re: Multimedia MTM [Re: zuki]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Personally...I just don’t get IK’s pricing. Sure, they make some (emphasis) SOME ]decent gear, but the majority of it is plastic with unreliable results and ridiculous pricing.

For the money...I just don’t think you can beat Donny’s KRK 5’s. (JMHO)
Mitch

#489110 - 02/11/20 08:09 PM Re: Multimedia MTM [Re: Crossover]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover
So how loud can you turn the bigger ones without them distorting e.g. wirh piano sound? Piano is often the most critical voice creating distortion probably due to the aggressive mid frequency peaks...
I played nothing but piano sounds on both models. I think I got a lemon with the Micro, but the MTM didn't distort at all. The MTM seems to be a big improvement over the Micro. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YryU_BLC10
Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online