SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#488967 - 02/10/20 08:18 AM O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Last night's Academy Awards totally bypassed "The continuing saga of Uncle Dave and the Dog Lady"
WHAT? (just a little Oscar humor .... very little, right?)

Just thought I'd catch you up. Since I first told this story, there has not been ONE night of peace from the relentless ramblings of the now infamous "Dog Lady" of Lafayette Hill. She wears her glaucoma glasses (for pity), because she says the stage lights bother her "vertigo" (never did the WHOLE YEAR before ... odd) She's an attention seeking missile of malice, and she's not happy unless everyone is noticing her. I now believe that's why she was interested in me in the first place - she needed to be closer to the "main attraction" in this small neighborhood room, and I was an easy target to buddy up to. HA! ... so she thought.

Anyway, about 2 weeks ago she started moving on to a guy that used to come see our hostess (the hostess really, reeeeeeally liked this dude), and now, she's ditched the "medicinal" glasses (it's a miracle! She can see again!!!), and she parades this new puppy in front of the whole room ... lots of touchy-feely moments, and sickening high pitched, phony laughter to make sure we're watching. It'd hard NOT to ... like an accident on the highway. You don't WANT to watch ... but it's just so tragic, you NEED to. So sad.

So, the hostess is mad at her, the waitresses have the hostess' back, and ...
(wait for it) ...
This week, I had TWO GLORIOUS DOG-LADY FREE DAYS! She was in Friday with the new puppy (on his leash), and I guess she noticed the chill in the air from the wait staff, so Saturday, and Sunday she was a NO SHOW! First time in months. Whew.

Maybe, just maybe ... things can get back to normal, and at next years awards I'll be nominated for: Best Actor in a recurring role, as the guy who ignores the trainwreck at the first table ... night after night ....... after night ............... after night.

'nite folks!

#488970 - 02/10/20 08:31 AM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Obviously, the hostess didn't make a strong enough pitch to the guy ... OR, he just wasn't that into her ...
He will be Dog Lady's 'little dog, until her big dog comes' ...
(compliments of Carl Perkins) wink

#488973 - 02/10/20 09:03 AM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Obviously, the hostess didn't make a strong enough pitch to the guy ... OR, he just wasn't that into her ...

Yup - but the girls feel it's a violation of the "Bra Code" anyway.

#488978 - 02/10/20 09:31 AM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Yeah, well ...

#488979 - 02/10/20 09:33 AM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

The Oscars were on last night..?

#488991 - 02/10/20 10:08 AM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Not at my house ... no TV service. I'm a streamer!

#488992 - 02/10/20 10:11 AM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj

Not at my house ... no TV service. I'm a streamer!

Good way to save money..cable is out of control.

#488993 - 02/10/20 10:12 AM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA

My buddy Robin Vosbury and me:
Matchbox

#488994 - 02/10/20 10:22 AM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

cute!

#488995 - 02/10/20 10:22 AM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

Good way to save money..cable is out of control.

My cable bill (DirectTV) is just short of $300.00 (with the NFL ticket). That's as much as a car payment on a small new car. I rationalize it by telling myself that I don't go out much and rarely take vacations but it's still dumb since I only watch a couple hours a day and then only 3 or 4 channels. I keep threatening to change it but like with most things these days, procrastination wins out.

chas

#488997 - 02/10/20 10:27 AM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Yikes - $300. Glad I don't watch sports!

#489001 - 02/10/20 10:56 AM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By DonM

My buddy Robin Vosbury and me:
Matchbox

Very nice ... and what's amazing to me is that if I didn't know there was a real guitar player, I would have just accepted that it was you, Don, on the guitar solos ...

#489042 - 02/10/20 03:12 PM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA

Thank you for all anticipated accolades.

I got my new SD5 keyboard and I played this "right out of the box." No! Sorry! That was Donnie that plays them "right out of the box!" I played this one "right in the box!"

My own guitar playing is a heck of a lot better than Don Mason's will EVER be! And, also, my version of Matchbox is a heck of a lot better than Don's!!!!!

Attachments
Matchbox by Mark better than Don Mason .mp3 (28 downloads)

#489044 - 02/10/20 03:17 PM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mark, sometimes I get bored with doing a song the same way every time, so have to change it up a little. You sound a lot like me on this one! smile I like that sax you did too.

#489120 - 02/11/20 11:10 PM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By DonM
Mark, you sound a lot like me on this one! smile I like that sax you did too.

Don...nobody commented. Now I have to wonder if they actually think it IS my version?????

#489125 - 02/12/20 02:51 AM Re: O/T - The story the Oscars ignored ... [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Don, you play music, and you do it very well. The guitar adds a lot --- You have been blessed with a special talent.

I love this style of music, John C.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online