SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#48851 - 03/24/05 03:38 AM Re: Where are we going!!
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi John
I use a similar setup with my laptop with the sheet music scanned in.I am not familiar with Encore, except it is a notation program. Does your music scroll? I use MidiNotate Composer for scrolling notation and Lyrics,but that is midi.All of my songs are on SD pulled up by number.

Maybe your laptop program is better than a scanned leadsheet,especially ,if it is more than one page.

Bernie

#48852 - 03/24/05 06:04 AM Re: Where are we going!!
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bernie,
Encore, my notation program displays the music sheet with and without words. If I have other songs I wish to play with that same setting, I have a page 2, and 3-- as many as I wish. One click on the number and the new song/sheet music is displayed.

My word program is easy -- Lyrics and chords -- select song, if there are more scroll down the page.

I have heard of a switch which will take you to the next page or scroll. When I find it, I will rebuild it into a foot switch. Weeee, no hands.

My only problems;
1-I need a bigger screen -- these old eyes??
2-I have so much in the program (many songs and combos of songs) that the learning curve is a bit of a challange. Too much of a good thing.
I will never forget the days of searching thru my books for a request.

Bernie, I will bring a CD with my info on it to the Meeting in April. Im hopping you'll be there.

Take care, John C.

#48853 - 03/24/05 09:47 AM Re: Where are we going!!
jrw Offline

Loc: Salem, OR USA
Hi All; I've set my SD card up as follows: Big band foxtrot, westerm foxtrot, rumba, tango, samba, cha cha, waltz, and polka. Then I arrange the styles by tempo, i.e. below 100 - 101 to 120 - 121 to 150 and above 150. I have them "listed" in a note book by folder# then song# next tempo and last name of song. As my taste changes i can del a song and replace it with another. Then go into the computer and make the change/s to the list. one word: I am not a musican I use the kn7000 for my listening enjoyment while working on the computer.
Dick, Salem,OR

A word to Fran; I was in flight 1496 at Sampson AFB 1/6/52

#48854 - 03/24/05 10:59 AM Re: Where are we going!!
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John
Yes I will arrive Sat A.M.,with my equipment.Looking forward to comparing notes.
Bernie

#48855 - 03/24/05 12:41 PM Re: Where are we going!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, Bernie, Bruno, Fran.
This type of theme of this post is just what is needed to keep the interest in the forum. I started to catologue all my sheet music about 12 months ago but due to the pressures on time I have only got to about 1500 and then no further. What you are doing is obviously a much better way and it would seem that I would be much better staring over again and doing it your way. I was in Florida on holiday 3 - 5 weeks ago and I see from looking at your profiles that I must have been very close to all of you.(Fort Charlotte,West Palm, Palm Bay)
I am now back in the U.K. but I will be back again soon. Would look forward to hearing more details of the notation programs, I do have Midinotate which I use for converting midifiles into notation.

Regards
Peter B

[This message has been edited by peter.bentley@talk21.com (edited 03-24-2005).]

#48856 - 03/24/05 12:41 PM Re: Where are we going!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bernie and John C,

Look forward to seeing both of your setups at the Jam. Like you John, I need larger print as the days go on.

Dick,

The world grows smaller. I was at Sampson Basic in November 51 but sure cannot rember the flight number, just the wind.

Fran in Florida

#48857 - 03/25/05 03:26 AM Re: Where are we going!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Peter B,

Let us know when your next trip comes up. Would like you to stop by.

Fran in Florida

#48858 - 03/26/05 09:17 AM Re: Where are we going!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi fran
Thanks for that. I would love to.

regards
peter

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online