SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#488541 - 02/05/20 05:53 AM Re: How many display their skills at concerts [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By montunoman
Originally Posted By Dnj
Who would wear that suit? confused1

Definitely sets him apart from the audience which can be a good thing. At least it’s better than the lumber jack look that so many performers wear in the USA .

Everything is 'extremism' these days ... no 'middle of the road' ...

#488673 - 02/06/20 08:32 PM Re: How many display their skills at concerts [Re: abacus]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I remember seeing the "mirror" (or mylar sheet?) behind many of the Wersi artists when I used to attend the Dutchland (Pennsylvania, US) Keyboard Shows. I did like seeing the hands and keys - but with the mirror above, you see everything "backwards" ... when he played high notes, you saw his hands seemingly go low (to the left) - easy to get used to though.

I did like the idea - but you need quite a good-sized mylar-sheet "mirror" if you want a wide audience to all see what you're doing.

I do find that audiences seem interesting in "what I'm doing", perhaps more than what facial expressions I have :-) as they often come up after gigs and ask about the keyboards, ask about how it works or how I get so many sounds at the same time (i.e. splits etc.) - people do seem genuinely curious to see "what i'm doing" with my hands and feet . . . (at least some seem to) . . .

But I'm with the others here who said, "No, not another thing to carry and set up!" :-)

Jim

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online