SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48841 - 03/21/05 04:12 PM Where are we going!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Members,

One of the things I look forward to when starting the day is tuning into this forum. Not to long ago I was greeted by many messages from fellow members, new and old. Since the demise of Technics and the last few weeks there have been very few messages.

I, for one, do not want this forum that Nigel has put on the air to go to pot. I wish I had the intellect to suggest a solution to create more activity.

Any thoughts on the subject.

Fran in Florida

Ps.....thanks Nigel (you to Bebop)

#48842 - 03/21/05 04:41 PM Re: Where are we going!!
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Fran,

How about asking folks how they compile their data on SD Cards/Floppies and/or music ready for a 'gig'

Is it better to store songs in alphabetical/
numerical order or is it better to use Titles i.e: Ballroom, Disco, Singalongs etc.
Whiever way I try to do it, there is always someone who asks for a tune I do not have with me ha! ha!

I'd be interested to know how other people tackle this problem.

Aud (U.K.)

#48843 - 03/21/05 06:47 PM Re: Where are we going!!
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
There is a time for everything under the sun.

#48844 - 03/22/05 03:14 AM Re: Where are we going!!
Bazza Offline

Loc: Mannum SA AUSTRALIA
Well, Well, Well.
Now look what you have done!!!
Stired up Uncle Dougie and he's posting Well done Fran

Bazza

#48845 - 03/22/05 03:17 AM Re: Where are we going!!
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I agree,let us not let this forum die of neglect.I know most members are lurkers. That's fine as am one as often as not,but,a few topics rehashing some basics would appeal to many IMHO.
In the last couple of years I can recall not commenting on the posts for fear of showing my ignorance. This,of course, is silly as this is the purpose of the forum.

Nice to see Grandpa Doug drop in.I always enjoyed his witicisms. That is the shortest post from him I've seen. We need more participation from people like him.

Regarding arranging the SD card,I am sure you all know that by going to load/preferences,one can choose the load method.No matter which way you first filed songs,you can switch back and forth at will.
For example;
I arranged my folders by category,and by artist. I might have Bigband,latin,etc.,and Bill Norrie folders. For quick retrieval,I have a master list by number. It is like a database in that you can use any of the three paramiters to call up your song.
Bernie

#48846 - 03/22/05 04:09 AM Re: Where are we going!!
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:

Hi Grandpa, nice to see you post again.

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#48847 - 03/22/05 05:31 AM Re: Where are we going!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aud,

I am a home player. I organize the card using the same style groupings on the 7000. I added additional headings for BB, Jazz, Waltz and Play Along, which I have many styles.

My problem had been finding the style that I used before for a particular song. I now post the Folder and Song number on the music and number load brings up the style fast.

Doug, why so silent. Ruthie got your tongue. Miss you fellow!

Fran in Florida

#48848 - 03/22/05 07:56 AM Re: Where are we going!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:

GRANDPA DOUG !!!! ... good to see you back .... how are you doing?
t.

#48849 - 03/23/05 11:45 AM Re: Where are we going!!
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
After a beautiful 4 months out on the desert just west of Yuma, AZ....I have returned to my "home base" here in S.E. New Mexico....For me.."Home is Where I Park my Motor Home"....... Most of the time it is here.... Here we have High Speed Wireless Internet 24/7....Whoopie!

My music is all in alphabetized 3 hole Binder's or Notebooks, a LOT of them!.....in Styles like the following... C & W, JAZZ & Big Band, etc., Latin, Classics. Many of the books have duplicates of the music from other books....lots of duplicates allows me to take "just the right book" to play where ever I might play.... Reading is how I play. Those who play by ear are awesome.....those who do both are REALLY AWESOME!!!!

All of the programs in the panel memories are the registrations & rhythms I have created to my liking....including the sounds. The banks are titled very much like my books....Latin, Jazz, Piano combos, C & W, World, etc......

My favorite registration is the Piano in Part 1, an Accompaning Drawbar in Part #2....sometimes voices...sometimes nothing...In Part #4 I like a sax, clarinets, a pan flute, a Cello.....whatever seems just right to my ear for a particular rhythm & piece I want to play. The part four instrument is a very nice harmony with either of the other two with the Technichord engaged with the "Duet 2"...(change the conductor to Part 4 & then exit & go to "Program menus" button above the yellow SD button....go to "Sound"...then "mixer".....Then go to "part 4" under "volume" & increase it to "127". Then go to "Sound" at the top of that page & put your instrument in the number 4 spot. Go through each of the following pages to be sure the "off" is changed to "on" on each page. On page 5....I have found the best setting for your part 4 is "-12" to make the harmony sound correct & not too high pitched!

Please keep in mind that these are my personal preferences.....They may not be "right" or "correct" for you! That is okay with me! For me "right, wrong, good, & bad" are just words, they have no universal inherent meaning...Like with all words....meaning is within the mind of the user.....better not go there with this.....!!!

These are just some of the things I have learned to do with my AWESOME KN7000! I enjoy punching buttons & trying out as much as I can figure out as well as trying the stuff others are willing to share!

We CAN keep this forum alive as long as we make contributions & share our knowledge & our pleasure in our music!

In the RV World...I am a member of the world wide "ESCAPEE's RV CLUB"....We call ourselves "SKP's" Our motto is "Sharing Knowledge & Pleasure".....in the RV lifestyle....Music is my greatest joy to share with others! It is very much an integral part of my RV lifestyle...I know several RV'rs who have an RV as their only home...like me...."Bebop" has another home too!

Thanks for asking the question....

ELIZABETH EVELYN....

ELIZABETH

#48850 - 03/23/05 06:51 PM Re: Where are we going!!
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
KN7000 and a Laptop Computer

Tools-- Kn7000 -- Laptop -- Encore program for music notes --- Word program (For lyrics)

I try to create music/dance sets.
Example; New York New York -- Leroy Brown -- Latin --- I can't get started --ECT.

1-Panel memory is in "extended"

2-Bank one eight buttons -- one or two buttons for each song.

3-I write the name of each song in the panel memory -- 10 Banks -- 8 in each bank -- that gives me 90 to 120 songs. After writing in the name of the songs I select the stlye,tempo and instrumentation. First I select the songs I want, then off to work creating everything that is needed for the songs.

4-I might use the same panel memory for more than one song with the same feel. The panel memory will only show the first song.

5-The bank view is in my main screen.

6-I am able to go through 80 panel memories and select a song. Many times I will follow the bank just as it is layed out.

7-When I find a weak song in the set, it's replaced. The sets are constantly improving.

8-After I select the song on my keyboard I select the same song on my laptop.

9-The laptop is set up just like the keyboard with Bank names and song titles.

10-I now have four set ups with 80 panel memories. That's over 400 songs. Also one for Christmas and one for the Senior jobs.

11-Many times the same song is on more than one list.

No more books --- I can create a new book (Bank of 80)in a very short time --- I can move written songs and lyrics with ease -- no more sliding pages from one book to another -- If there is anything I feel I need to add to the set up (Tempo change, which ending, ect)I can write it on the music (Laptop)--- This fantastic for live playing- it's fast and flexable.

I'm open to any ideas which will improve my set up. Please posts whatever!

Life is really good,
even when it hurts a bit, John C.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online