SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#488120 - 01/30/20 07:26 AM E80 Problem
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Can anyone explain that when recording a song on the E80 and saving it (as a SMF)when played back there is no equalizer options displayed in the makeup tools,not even the on/off switch.Every commercial midifile and recordings transferred from the EM2000 have this option.The rest of the song makeup page is as normal?

#488121 - 01/30/20 07:50 AM Re: E80 Problem [Re: Terrysutt]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
You could ask on the independent Roland-Arranger web site. I'm mostly a style guy so I could be way off base. Just a few guesses:

-Did you "freeze" any edits you made with Makeup Tools after recording? When you save the MIDI file out of the E80 you want it to be as standardized as possible.

-The E80-generated file contains SysEx and the Makeup Tools engine doesn't know what to do with it (perhaps you can remove the offending SysEx with a 3rd party MIDI utility?)

-Perhaps the file created by the E80 is a Type 1 SMF, and the Makeup Tools engine only provides its full feature set on a Type 0 SMF? (Third party utilities exist to convert between types.)

Good luck, please let us know the resolution if you find it.

#488135 - 01/30/20 11:34 AM Re: E80 Problem [Re: TedS]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply TedS,no I didn`t do any sort of editing after recording because the function isn`t available with the equalizer option missing.Actualy I did put this same problem on the Roland-arranger website with a few interesed members posting
suggestions,but for some unknown reason my post was taken down and never returned.I`m afraid your other suggestions are out of my comfort zone,so I`ll just have to wait and see.

#488183 - 01/30/20 06:48 PM Re: E80 Problem [Re: Terrysutt]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Try again on the Roland site. Unless the moderator has some kind of beef with you from a previous interaction, I don't know why a relevant post would be deleted. Hope this helps!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online