SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#488257 - 02/01/20 10:50 AM Re: Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner, [Re: leeboy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By leeboy
Being a electronics tech...I recommend the QD first, then the Caig next, it has some nice stuff in it to keep things clean and protected from corrosion.By first I use it first on a contact then follow up with the D5.

All is working fine now great product..D5

#488285 - 02/02/20 08:51 AM Re: Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner, [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Glad that worked. Should have tried that years ago.

#488288 - 02/02/20 10:14 AM Re: Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner, [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Be carefull, many of these contact cleaners leave a ressidue that can cause problems inthe future and so only offering a temporarilly solution..

If you want to clean the inside of your keyboard..
Us an airduster spray that only contains fresh air..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#488289 - 02/02/20 11:15 AM Re: Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner, [Re: sparky589]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By sparky589
Glad that worked. Should have tried that years ago.

Thanx all works great since I spray cleaned..

#488373 - 02/03/20 02:07 PM Re: Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner, [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well, on a hunch I decided that maybe Donny knew something that I didn't - WRONG! I purchased some Deoxit D5 cleaner. My On/Off Switch on the S-950 has been acting up for the past few months, though it turned on perfectly normal, it would not turn off. So, after reading all the instructions, I sprayed a few drops on the edge of the on/Off switch, plugged in the power supply, turned on the power, then turned the keyboard off in the normal fashion - IT WORKED, but just once. Now, anytime I turn on the surge supreser, the keyboard turns on without touching the on/off switch and will not turn off. Yep, just as I suspected, only a few drops made its way on the contacts of the PC Board of the on/off switch, rendering it no-operable. When I take the board to my tech guy, I'll have him clean it with alcohol and some q-tips to get this junk off of it. I should have known better! DO NOT USE THIS STUFF ON YOUR KEYBOARD! frown

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#488374 - 02/03/20 02:39 PM Re: Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner, [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Gary could be other outlying problems?.....
as I said D5 worked terriffic on my old Tyros2 buttons.

#488375 - 02/03/20 02:45 PM Re: Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner, [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Gary, I think my 950 has the problem as yours. I was considering using the spray, but I think I’ll take into to the shop!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#488378 - 02/03/20 02:55 PM Re: Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner, [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
We often used vodka to clean the old PSR2000. Just pour a drink into it and blow a hair dryer on it, and after a while it is good as new. My late friend HankB used this trick several times. Hard to believe that thing is STILL in use. Full of burn holes and now faithfully attending AA meetings.

#488384 - 02/03/20 04:20 PM Re: Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner, [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Deoxit is fine for all open contacts, all the PRO audio guys use it. the D-5 is more for conditioning,,,after cleaning.
I use 91% Alcohol first. NEVER use anything abrasive. You can use a burnishing tool if you have one or can get one. I used to be an IBM computer tech and I have a few left over.
It will not fix contacts that are badly worn or out of adjustment. You may need a new switch installed.

#488391 - 02/03/20 06:30 PM Re: Hosa D5S-6 CAIG DeoxIT 5% Spray Contact Cleaner, [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I took the top off the keyboard. The on/off switch, just like all the other switches, is a hermetically sealed bubble switch. Inside the bubble, which cannot be removed, are carbon contacts that make and break with the PC board the switch if mounted upon. No contact cleaner in the world would clean this, mainly because it is completely sealed. However, the contact cleaner does improve electrical contact, especially on the surrounding PC board. Thank goodness it didn't come in contact with the other boards that operate on micro-volts. This could have been disastrous. I cleaned off the PC board with denatured alcohol and a Q-tip, and now I'm back to where I was. Gonna take the board to my tech guy tomorrow and have him replace the switch. Everything else on the keyboards works just fine - no underlying problems, Donny.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online