SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#488118 - 01/30/20 06:45 AM Workstations or Arrangers ... (again?)
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Not sure if this was ever posted (it's pretty old), but it's a pretty solid comparison for newbies. We talk about this a lot, so here's a good reference video.

https://youtu.be/UGANVTsDKH4

#488127 - 01/30/20 10:08 AM Re: Workstations or Arrangers ... (again?) [Re: Uncle Dave]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Dave, thanks for sharing this. As we all get older...many of us aren’t playing out as much, but still want to create music. Squeak seems to like creating from scratch. Donny likes to create with assistance of elements of styles. That is the category I put myself into. Creating music with a little assistance from an arranger Is nirvana for me. Plus...if you just feel like sitting down and jamming, an arranger provides a enjoyable experience for that. MHO
Mitch

#488132 - 01/30/20 11:02 AM Re: Workstations or Arrangers ... (again?) [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Not sure if this was ever posted (it's pretty old), but it's a pretty solid comparison for newbies. We talk about this a lot, so here's a good reference video.

https://youtu.be/UGANVTsDKH4

Ita just marketing talk...

The pa4x is just as much workstation as arranger

- workstation is a concept..
- auto accompaniment is a feature
- arranger is any keyboard with auto accompaniment on board..

Its just a thin line..
In general its better to just compare features between keyboards
The labeling them in cattegories?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#488133 - 01/30/20 11:05 AM Re: Workstations or Arrangers ... (again?) [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

All arranger have the Casio home organ stigma curse attach to it.. That's all the public relates to..

#488136 - 01/30/20 12:04 PM Re: Workstations or Arrangers ... (again?) [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm the public, and I say no.

#488137 - 01/30/20 12:16 PM Re: Workstations or Arrangers ... (again?) [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

that's why it is kept separate on the market also..
arranger vs synth workstation....pro player vs home amateur player
big box store buying vs music store
its plain to see

#488139 - 01/30/20 12:39 PM Re: Workstations or Arrangers ... (again?) [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, you need to get out more. When Carol and I went to Mexico, we stayed at Riu Palace Las Americas and we saw several shows a night, and every one of them featured someone on an arranger keyboard. The same was true when my son and his wife went to Playa Del Carmen. I think this is more YOUR perception than the general public's. Almost every restaurant in Baltimore's Little Italy has an arranger keyboard player and no one looks at them as Casio toys or home organs.

Keep in mind there are hundreds of thousands of arranger keyboard players working in other parts of the world, and very few of them even bother to spend time on the Synthzone. Arranger keyboard players are very popular throughout Europe and Asia. No one there looks at them as home organ players. One of our members, Abby Pianoman, works nearly every night of the week at various restaurants on the Mediterranean Island of Ibiza, but frequently travels to other countries to perform using his Genos and Electric piano. I seriously doubt that he is considered a home organ player and is in high demand everywhere he goes.

I can only think of one time when an elderly lady came up to me and said "My grandson has one of those." When I asked where he plays, she said "Oh, he doesn't play anywhere other than home." I just smiled and kept the dance floor filled to capacity.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#488140 - 01/30/20 01:26 PM Re: Workstations or Arrangers ... (again?) [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

gary....let's just agree to disagree shall we...

look on most major musical act stages not an arranger kb in sight, there is a reason for that...most pro keyboard players won't be seen with one on a national touring band stage...Hmmmmm?

look in Bj's, sams club, Costco etc..wheat do you see there?..
casios, medeli, and who knows what stacked up high for all the home players to have fun with or grand kids..

we are a very small percentage of people that know the score on arrangers and play them in a suedo professional way, ....
but that is a small piece of the puzzle compared to the rest of the worlds audiences.

that's all i have to say.

#488143 - 01/30/20 01:40 PM Re: Workstations or Arrangers ... (again?) [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I think the following sentiment has been expressed many times here;
"Who gives a sh*t".

Perhaps we could discuss something more meaningful, like "why is the sky blue?".

chas

#488146 - 01/30/20 01:51 PM Re: Workstations or Arrangers ... (again?) [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I think the following sentiment has been expressed many times here;
"Who gives a sh*t".

Perhaps we could discuss something more meaningful, like "why is the sky blue?".

chas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online