SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#488059 - 01/29/20 06:36 AM Re: Time to kill? Keyboard comparison songs [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
It honestly wasn't be to be a "what's best" post; it was meant to be a comparison of how the various arrangers handled the same song, and I happened to have this song recorded with all of them.

I think we basically came to the conclusion that they all sound great..and none are perfect..

Again, if you like ketron, you can get a super setup by adding the 5 pounds weight of the sd90 to any keyboard you prefer,....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#488436 - 02/04/20 07:51 AM Re: Time to kill? Keyboard comparison songs [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Still catching up ...
Five versions of one of my favorite 'pop' songs, performed by one of my favorite artists - can't get much better than that ...
I couldn't begin to 'compare', but obviously there are differences in guitar and drum sounds ... I thought some guitars sounded more like the original, but I don't think anyone could go wrong with any of these boards ...
Thanks, Don ...

#488444 - 02/04/20 08:28 AM Re: Time to kill? Keyboard comparison songs [Re: DonM]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I liked all the version too, and didn't really feel one keyboard sounded vastly superior to another. I guess it comes down to personal taste and what you're comfortable playing. With that being said, the Korg sounded most like to original Eric Clapton version to me. There's nothing at all wrong with covering a song
with a different style from the original recording. I actually enjoy a fresh approach to an old standard.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online