SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#487496 - 01/22/20 12:50 AM Re: Roland Fantom [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The Roland AT350C had all the same sounds and features as the rest of the Atelier line, however it was a pig to play on the fly due to limited real estate for the controls, (You got to everything through menus) thus you really needed to program everything beforehand, (This is the same problem arrangers have) whereas with a normal organ like the SKX you can play any request people make (Assuming you know it) without needing to set everything up first.

Bill

#487540 - 01/22/20 11:11 AM Re: Roland Fantom [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
The Roland AT350C had all the same sounds and features as the rest of the Atelier line, however it was a pig to play on the fly due to limited real estate for the controls, (You got to everything through menus) thus you really needed to program everything beforehand, (This is the same problem arrangers have) whereas with a normal organ like the SKX you can play any request people make (Assuming you know it) without needing to set everything up first.

Bill

The skx doesn’t have any drums does it?
That would require a drum computer or arranger module?

Atleast the AT350 has drawbars, so there is some real time controll?

Sound quallity wise, the skx, is quite a step behind the Genos, except offcourse for the organ sound... and where it comes to the organ sounds.. i think GSI (crumar) and bkey are even further ahead..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#487543 - 01/22/20 11:17 AM Re: Roland Fantom [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By abacus

Bill

The skx doesn’t have any drums does it?
That would require a drum computer or arranger module?

Atleast the AT350 has drawbars, so there is some real time controll?

Sound quality wise, the skx, is quite a step behind the Genos, except offcourse for the organ sound... and where it comes to the organ sounds.. i think GSI (crumar) and bkey are even further ahead..

Lets face it a Hammond is a HAMMOND.
like I said there are other choices out there
I am looking into also...that is if I do it at all..
I am in no rush......

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online