SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48722 - 02/12/03 05:06 AM Initialize disk for 7000
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Help! Since I was having some trouble with my 7000, I put in my Initialize disk and loaded it and came up with four files with abbreviated names. Can anyone tell me what these files are and what they "initialize"? Anyway, I was afraid to use all of them until I knew what they were for, but I did venture into the last one and loaded it. Up came a new window that replaced the one I was accustomed to seeing. Now I can't get back to the original window. Surely someone else must have had this dilemma, or at least can give me some information on this strange disk and the files it contains.
Thanks for any and all help, Forum Friends!

Ted

#48723 - 02/12/03 05:39 AM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Ted,
on the initial-disk there are 4 files:
- CTMini (All Customstyles back to factory settings)
- UMDini (All Midisettings back to factory settings)
- FAVini (The favorites-list to factory setting
- HMPini (The homepage-layout to factory setting)
There is no harm to use these files, but you must know that they overwrite some changes you may (probably) had made. Save them first!
If you want to initialize your keyboard to the initial settings of the 'factory setting of the performance' follow than this procedure:
- shut down your keyboard;
- push all 3 buttons in RhythmGroup (60's, modern dance and Soul& R&B)at the same time
- and hold this buttons and put your keyboard on again.
If you want to set to 'factory-setting' push the 4 buttons (8/16 beat,Rock& Pop, R&B, Swing) with the same procedure.
Hereafter the keyboard is set to factory-settings (exclude the 4 files mentioned above).

If you had some changes (e.g. the homepagesetting) you can probably load it from a recent song you saved. Use the load-menu and go to page 2 and choose for instant only to load the homepage (put it on 'on' and the other options are 'off').
I hope this info helps you,
greetings
Cees

P.S. For one or more parts of your performance you can initialize with help of the Control Menu and choose the options you want under the INITIAL-button.

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 02-12-2003).]

#48724 - 02/12/03 10:09 AM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Ted, upon opening any of the four files you mention you will see in the rectangle window on the right at the bottom, the name of the function that will be restored to factory out of the box condition. With that in mind you do not have to memorize any of this, you are showen what you are doing in black and white. A way you can give your keyboard what is called a hard reset to factory spects is to shut off the board. Hold down the four top left buttons in the rhythm group (8&16 Beat, Rock&Pop, Ballad, Jazz&Swing) and while holding these down turn on the keyboard holding these down until you see: Factory Initial Completed. However a hard factory initial will not mess up anything you have in your custom memory. Another thing I do is load the Initial Disk into the SD card in the last foulder which I name Initial Disk. This way, tucked out of the way in foulder 99 I never have to ask Ruthie what she did with that very important disk of mine. Also keeps her from thinking her memory is going.

Grasndpa Doug

#48725 - 02/12/03 11:43 AM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
cees Offline

Thanks Grandpa Doug,
you pointed me that my reply was not complete. I'v made a change in my reply on your remarks.

Greetings
Cees

#48726 - 02/12/03 12:23 PM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Cees, as per always you have a wealth of knowledge stored away in that head of yours. Besides that we all want to thank you for sharing it. I thought kind of restating what you said might be of some help in the understanding of it. Seems all minds sometimes take different routes to get to the same place. Thanks.

Grandpa Doug

#48727 - 02/12/03 12:43 PM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
cees Offline

Grandpa: A free translation of a Dutch saying: 'Knowledge is power, character is all the more' (If you understand )
Cees

#48728 - 02/12/03 01:19 PM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Ted,

From what you said I take it you really screwed up your home page window when you messed with that strange disk. All you did was restore it to the default. Go to that little round silver area on the far right with three silver buttons on it. Firmly press the one that says customize. Up pops another window. The upper left hand choice says: Home Page Setting. Squeeze down the silver bar to the left of it and what jumps up? Nothing else but a new window which says Home Page Setting with all kinds of goodies. You will probably see it is set to default. Let me tell you Ted, you could play around with that baby for at least a week with all the combinations there. Experiment! You could even put your own picture there to view every day. I did but very soon removed it because I couldn't stomach what I was looking at. What I really like is to go back into the Customize window and go three more choices down from the Home Page Setting to Wallpaper Setting. Open that little treasure and set the backgrounds or what they call wallpaper to different parts of the home page window. I like the wood setting on all parts of the window. Be sure to set that color to all parts of the window rather than the default. Gives one a completely new outlook. Kind of like when Ruthie goes out and buys a new outfit. Sort of makes her feel all giggly and fuzzy for a while. Does it help your playing at all? Don’t know but sure makes you want to turn it on and practice a bit. One suggestion. Try to keep your eyeballs focused on the music and not on your beautiful new window.

Grandpa Doug

P.S. What was the trouble you were having that prompted you to use that strange disk in the first place?

#48729 - 02/13/03 05:24 AM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Thanks so much for all your replies; I knew I could depend on my Forum friends to come up with an explanation/solution. Haven't tried them yet but will later today.

In answer to BEBOP's question as to what made me use the disk in the first place: after enjoying several of the ZIP files that I had received, I wanted to return to my regular rhythm goups and registrations and play alone. But no matter what rhythm group button I pushed, I got no rhythm, other than a steady beat, or combination of sounds (registration), when I played the left hand. So, I wanted to "reset" the keyboard and start again, but, even after turning it off and on again, the same thing happened. Finally got it to work, though, after pushing heaven knows what buttons. Later, however, I listened to another ZIP file and, after I was done, the same thing happened again. So, it occurred to me perhaps I should "initialize" the keyboard. (I'm not too bright with these elctronic monsters and what they can and cannot do!

Anyway, I loaded the disk and, not being sure what the four files meant, I took a chance on loading the last one to see what would happen. That's when I got this new window--a variation of the one I was used to with all the tracks shown along the bottom and the other information above it. Now I get a similar window of information but always have a section in the lower right hand corner that gives me information I don't want! And I couldn't figure out how to get the original window back.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. I'll keep you informed.

Ted

#48730 - 02/13/03 05:50 AM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
pratzert Offline

Loc: Kingsville, Maryland. USA
Ted (AND Others),

I did the same thing as you. I fooled around with the "Initial Disk" and the "Home Page" changed. If both our keyboards came right from the "Factory" why did the Initial disk "change" the Homepage that supposedly came from the factory?

Obviously... the Home page from the Factory is NOT the same Home page as on the Initial disk. I really liked the one that was on the screen when it first came out of the box, I don't care as much for the one that has been set by the initial disk.

I want to try to get the first original screen back.

Tim

#48731 - 02/13/03 06:54 AM Re: Initialize disk for 7000
cees Offline

Hi folks, I don't know what your homepages were at the beginning. You can load preset-homepages if you want:
A:
- push button 'CUSTOMIZE'
- thereafter choose 'TYPE' (e.g. preset 2)
- press OK
B:
Even you can make your own layout:
- push 'CUSTOMIZE' and 'USER EDIT'
- here you can customize your own layout
- after you made this, save this as a usual song (only take care that the savingoption on page 2 of the save-menu is 'ON' with the homepagebutton! The other options could be 'OFF') Call and save it e.g. as a songname 'Myhomepage'.
Give it a try, nothing can be harm. You can always initialize the default..
Success,
Cees.

Quote:
Originally posted by pratzert:
Ted (AND Others),

I did the same thing as you. I fooled around with the "Initial Disk" and the "Home Page" changed. If both our keyboards came right from the "Factory" why did the Initial disk "change" the Homepage that supposedly came from the factory?

Obviously... the Home page from the Factory is NOT the same Home page as on the Initial disk. I really liked the one that was on the screen when it first came out of the box, I don't care as much for the one that has been set by the initial disk.

I want to try to get the first original screen back.

Tim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online